Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

61111 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Tracy Long answered:
Hi Wayne, Lynne is correct. My only other suggestion would be to invite two agents into your home. This will allow you a comparison between the agents. If the two agents are more than 10k apart, ask questions regarding why and possibly invite a third agent. Hopefully this will help you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 9, 2011
Maria Haun answered:
Hi Jane,

There are programs out there, but seems you have a great start regardless, money down and no debt. If you like your $650 rent payment you can probably afford a $65,000 to $75,000 house comfortably. So add that to your downpayment and you could go up a bit in price.

Definately talk with a local lender, they are there to help! They can tell you exactly how much they are willing to lend to you, but in turn you can tell them what you are comfortable with paying per month and they can give you those numbers as well. I always figure $100 per $10,000 of home price to kind of gauge where your payment will be...but take into consideration or taxes and interest rate..but it should be close!

There are some great houses out there in that first time buyer range so dont be scared to look into it more!

Any other questions feel free to contact me.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 9, 2010
Keane Ng answered:
Few things.

Mortgage Credit Certificates are limited to an income limit usually.

Also, there's a small fee for having it added to your mortgage but WELL WORTH IT. The credit (and you would have to determine if it's the same in all areas) for WA state is 80/20. The homeowner still deducts 80% of their interest but the other 20% is a credit.

There's also a recapture cost, which is the only real caveat other than the income limit. You'll really want to make sure you own the home long enough to not have to pay this back.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 7, 2009
Joan Satterlee answered:
I am not seeing any homes listed on Sheridan Drive in Loves Park currently for sale, there is one sale pending and there have been four that have closed. Two were forclosures, 1 looks like it was in an estate and the fourth was a normal sale. I am getting my information from the MLS.

I would be happy to assist you in the sale or purchase of a property. Please feel free to call me at 815-222-3827 or visit my web site at www.SatterleeHomes.com to see all the homes for sale and interior photos
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Search

Followers

118