Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

60660 : Real Estate Advice

  • All33
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 25
Mon Sep 25, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Try calling some local brokerages and ask to speak with the Office Manager or Broker in Charge. Then ask this person if there are any experienced busy realtors who need an assistant.

What you need to know is realtors work on commission, so any assistants they hire means your get paid out of the realtor's pockets. Not all experienced busy realtors have the income to pay you. When I was a realtor, I knew of one broker who hired an assistant when she could afford to do so. That assistant worked on a temporary basis.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 27, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
You should interview with a franchise and an independent, with a small and large company. Compare what they charge, what the pay and do they give leads. I think the best way to start is with a hands on broker who will teach you while doing instead of online classes. As well a team, already established, can give you quicker income that starting new. Then join Active Rain to promote your self, i put a free link below ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 2, 2017
Elizabeth_franz89 asked:
Is there any legal action I can take or anything else as I was lied to even after asking for clarification twice?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 23, 2016
Darolyn Lee asked:
I'm employed
36/no kids
have a neutered cat
Voucher holder
looking for a one bedroom that accepts cats and has heat/ cooking included Jan 31st
locations: Near North…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 21, 2016
Yolanda1812 answered:
Why don't you just look up the tax record online or through the tax office?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 21, 2015
Evie Hunt answered:
Yes, lenders will require to SEE your W2 documents as well as tax returns and other pertinent forms. The days are gone when income verification was completed by what the customer verbally gave to the lender! ... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 21, 2015
Ben Rivera answered:
The answer is yes if you meet certain criterion. I've seen this done before. Follow tax laws to make sure your within the codes. Also, some people use repairs to get discounts on their homeowners insurance. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 3, 2015
Alicia O'Toole answered:
This is not hard at all, I recommend you discuss this with your real estate attorney. There are actually several ways the deed can be written in both parties names that change how the property is inherited. In addition, lenders are very willing to work with an unmarried couple and your lender can discuss how the loan should best be handled. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 15, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
You need a true professional with experience on large buildings.
I would contact
AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing, Inc.

Good luck to you ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
Sometimes they are not allow to take comps if those are foreclosure or shortsales and they only can use regular sales.
Aveces los peritos en Chicago no pueden comparar con casas reposeidas y ventas cortas . ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 23, 2013
Mark Hafeli answered:
The rental price for a 1 bed 1 bath in 60660 varies pretty greatly depending on location and offering. But based on MLS data, looking at properties rented over the last 6 months, the lowest is $700 per month, the highest is $1,550 per month and the median is $1,100 per month. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Connie Mitchell answered:
Terrible and unprofessional, the individual(s) makeing this statement should be reported to the local Realtor board. I hope you continue to be persistent in your search with other realtors, newspaper adds, and craig's list (be cautious with craig's list!) ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Ryan Rahim e-pro answered:
Great Guy!

Karlton Uhm, Senior Mortgage Banker

Peoples Home Equity, Inc 1801 S Meyers Rd, Ste 500 Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

Direct (630) 225-7585
Cell (630) 865-9635
Fax (630) 812-1367
NMLS 186188
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue May 15, 2012
Ivan Sagel answered:
Hi Jane,

To buy a place for $30k, you will most likely have to pay cash. Can you pull the equity out of your 2-flat to pay cash for the new place? I can recommend some good lenders.

Best of luck,

Ivan Sagel
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed May 2, 2012
Matt Laricy answered:
Wed Nov 9, 2011
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Yahoo,

Check your listing agreement to see if you have to pay anything. If there is nothing stated in writing in the listing agreement, you don't have to pay anything.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Garcia.daisy1 answered:
Fri Jun 4, 2010
Agranias answered:
Contact a licensed Architect who is also an architect, self certified with the City of Chicago.
We are doing one right now on Kimball, also another on Noble. Veyr familiar with this type of project and have good crews ready to go.

over 25 years experience.

Call Van Tomaras, Design 21 Inc. 1016 W. madison, Chicago, Il. 13129289999,
We look forward to working on this with you.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 4, 2010
Agranias answered:
Contact an archtiect who can advise you properly.

Design 21 Co.
1016 W. madison
Chicago, Il.

Ask for Van Tomaras
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice