Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 60651 : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying16
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Tue Aug 1, 2017
Alysse Musgrave answered:
Trulia doesn't sell's basically an advertising site for real estate agents. When you want to buy a home, hire an Exclusive Buyer's Agent to represent you, not a regular buyer's agent. EBAs represent homebuyers only, so there is no conflict of interest to jeopardize your negotiating position. Contact for a referral to an EBA who will give you valuable advice, not a sales pitch.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 31, 2017
Leslee_gantner asked:
House needed with first floor in law suite...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 5, 2017
Zoe22jeter answered:
They may be for sale but the red X is not put up to signify vacancy but vacancy AND very serious structural safety issues.....yellow X is vacant and structurally alright but not the best, and green X means vacant but structurally sound. Avoid red X's if thinking of buying or you will be paying ALOT in the way of repairing code for safety.
Here's a not local but general link about our program (I'm a fire chief btw)
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Joe Schiller answered:
you would be well served coming into my office and reviewing the plus and minus of your goals.. I have over 500 sales in Chicago so I know more than most
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 31, 2012
Noah Seidenberg answered:
Foreclosures sometimes do. Your attorney can find out about any back taxes or monthly assessments if it is a condo. Sometimes Single Family Homes that are in the foreclosure state require the buyer to pay water bills too.
Good luck
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Jim Vani answered:
Check your lease first, its likely you will have a 5 day grace period, at that point you can serve the notice.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Centermac Realty answered:
If a city's violation shows up as a lien against the property, the owner of that property would be held responsible for it. yes, if you are a buyer who decides to buy it with the lien on it, you will be responsible to cure it.

Before you buy it, find out if the lack of permit is something that can be legalized. Sometimes it is just a matter of submitting the blue prints and going through the permitting process. Of course you will probably have to pay any penalties that remain unpaid. Ask if you could negotiate to reduce.

Then decide if it is still worth the trouble and expense.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 31, 2010
Christopher Thomas answered:
Dear Tony,

I'm not currently a loan originator, but I was in a past life. I would suggest the following.

Pay off the 20% 2nd mortgage first. If you don't want to wait until October because you're concerned that rates may go up again, then do a couple of principal reduction payments on this 2nd mortgage to get it paid off a few months or weeks early.

Concentrate on raising both of your credit scores (yes even further) in the months until you pay off the 2nd mortgage. The best rates in the current environment are reserved for folks with a 740 credit score and above, and the banks score is not always the same as the one that you see for yourself (and the banks scores are often slightly lower). And you may be int he best score position just before your final payment on the 2nd mortgage.

I'd speak with a few potential lenders before you go ahead and select one to work with. I'd suggest pulling your own credit scores first and when you speak with the lenders just tell them your scores and what you'd like to accomplish/pursue with your new purchase loans before having them inquire into your score (and potentially lower it).

I do have a few lenders that I could suggest for you if you're looking for someone to work with. Good luck.

Christopher Thomas
Broker Associate, Sudler Sotheby's International Realty
773-418-0640 (cell)
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Robin Silverberg answered:
One more thing Cedric, if you want to pay me a flat origination fee of $5000, I will gladly do a loan for you if you buy a house in the states I am licensed in.
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Search Advice