Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 60629 : Real Estate Advice

  • All30
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 13
Fri Mar 27, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
A broker has usually gone through additional training, classes and licensing. You have to be an agent first, and in some states for 1-2 years before you can be a broker.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 11, 2014
Jeff and Kaye Piggot answered:
Financially it may make better sense for you to stay. I understand you need repairs but if you cannot sell it for what you owe to include commissions is it worth it? What would you save by moving? Also, if you have some credit issues would you be able to get a new loan? I would suggest talking to another agent and getting a second opinion and then make a decision from there. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Ivan Sagel answered:
Hello Mary,

I would be happy to meet with you and discuss your needs. Are you looking to buy or sell?

Best regards,

Ivan Sagel
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Joe Schiller answered:
I think its 45% but the truth is it matters how you structure your debt
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 2, 2013
Glo answered:
The Bank states they are mandated by the Office of Comptroller of Currency to do annual financial checks ups. I am going to put my complaint in writing to the bank, then to the OCC then getting my mortgages out of there if nothing changes. I have excellent credit and don't have time for this. If I don't comply the bank threatened
to raise my mortgage 4 points! Makes no sense to me.
... more
0 votes 25 answers Share Flag
Tue May 28, 2013
Manuel Brown answered:
Dear Glo,

Looks like you received a lot of recommendations. Might I also suggest finding out if one of you parishioners is a real estate attorney. He or she would have a vested interest in the church. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 28, 2013
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
Government is not giving loans to purchase homes . Call a mortgage broker / bank for a low down payment loan FHA.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 28, 2013
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
The expression "buy back" could be illegal depend of the sale , to repair you credit you just need to paid the collections no an agency .
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Alvin Dobbs answered:
Try Cityfeet. They have many of the same listing as loopnet--but unlike loopnet; they do not keep asking you to join the service.

Al Dobbs
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 1, 2012
JIM Michaels answered:
A BPO stands for "broker price opinion," and it involves using a process very similar to an appraisal.
Companies hire a real estate broker to prepare an opinion of value. The representative of the broker, generally a real estate agent, compares three similar properties that have recently sold to the subject property and adjusts up or down for differences. The final result in an opinion of market value.

Broker price opinions are sometimes controversial, especially if the agent preparing the BPO has little experience or knowledge about the neighborhood. But BPOs typically cost less than a full-blown appraisal.
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Matt Laricy answered:
They accepted a contract on the place, it just hasnt been updated in the MLS yet.

If your interested in buying, you should get a good buyers agent. This way you have someone to walk you through the buying process, at no cost to you. Interview two or three agents and go with the one you mesh best with.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 14, 2010
Jose Hernandez answered:
A charge-off is an accounting procedure for tax purposes used by a creditor where an uncollectable debt or charge-off is reported as a loss for the creditor. In other words the 2nd loan was not forgiven but instead it was sold to a collection agency to come after you and collect/garnish. With the property value so low I would consider a short sale instead or Bankruptcy, it all depends on your financial position and long term goals. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 1, 2008
Greg Zaccagni answered:
I agree with Brandon. If you are having buyers remorse you need to think it through before loosing your earnest money. If your employment has changed then the conditions of your pre-approval have changed and you are no longer able to qualify. That would be the "honest" way out. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice