Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

60618 : Real Estate Advice

  • All80
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying26
  • Home Selling9
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 67
Tue Apr 14, 2015
Angela & Barbara Adams answered:
Step 1: Go to and set up free monitoring account
Step 2: Go to your bank and order a secured credit card in the amount of $300
Step 3: Start using it to pay for gas. Never spend over 30% and pay off the amount as soon as the balance hits so you're never charged interest. (I did this and it raised my scored about 10 points every month).
Step 4: Get 1 more secured cards for the same amount and repeat.
Step 5: Repeat process. (so you have 3 lines of revolving credit). Again use them only for everyday purchases and never go over 30%
Step 5: Write to the credit bureaus to remove negative inquiries off your credit. Creditors only have X number of days to respond. If they don't then it has to be removed.
Step 6: Call a loan officer. Have them run your credit and look at your numbers. Your debt to income ratio will need to be under 43% to qualify for a QM loan product. Talk with them about various loan programs and see which is the best fit for you. There are several low down payment programs available and many times family member can gift your down payment should you need some help there.
Step 7: Create a saving schedule & debt reduction plan. This may require talking to a specialist but you might be able to do this on your own with proper research and planning.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 14, 2014
Gary Geer answered:
You may want to at least have an attorney represent your interests. Many issues can come up that would require an advocate on at least your side.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 11, 2014
John Meyers answered:
Hello, You are only 40 points away from being eligible for the IL "Smart Move" program where you only need to put 1% down. If you haven't had a foreclosure or bankruptcy in the last 3 years, you may qualify.

Just let me know if you would like to learn more and get help finding a home. -- Thanks, John (Meyers Realty)
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue May 6, 2014
Brian Nguyen answered:
There are lenders out there like myself that are able to lend to people with your situation. We have specific loans for people who do not have social security numbers, but have ITIN numbers. Although, with this loan you will need good finances and a decent sized down payment. Either way, the best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 2, 2014
BJ Tregoning answered:
I am very familiar with the Avondale area. Please feel free to call me with any questions.

Organic Realty
Bj Tregoning
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Jeff Stewart answered:
Hi Jackie,

Sorry to hear you're leaving BUT there is always solution. In this instance you'd want to use a Realtor who has experience in the neighborhood and who has a successful business because we're able to truly represent you and your property the best. An attorney just won't have access to the MLS and won't have the ability to blast your home's listing to all of the major real estate websites which is where over 90% of buyers are actively using.

I have sold or am in the process of selling a handful of condos and homes around the 60618 area so I feel I would be a great help to getting your home sold at a price and timeline that works for you. Fortunately for you you'd be selling your condo in a very active market (much like 2013 was) and inventory is also still low so you 'shouldn't' have much trouble however I'd like to reserve all guarantees for when I would physically view your condo.

With that said I've been a Realtor since 2008 so have built my business helping people get out of the real estate bust days. Over the past couple years my business has grown exponentially with the help of my brokerage, @properties, and I've built a great step by step process that I use for each listing. I've also worked with many sellers who live out of state and I make the selling process easy for you by being in constant communication the entire way through from showing requests, showing feedback to sending marketing over to you and handling all negotiations, etc. Lots of information but would be happy to chat live if you're able.

Jeff Stewart
REALTORĀ®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue | Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL | 773-305-0480 FAX
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 18, 2014
Jose570345 answered:
Associated Mortgage Interest in Houston Texas. They're a private mortgage lender. Not a bank. Fees are inflated that's how they make money on u and also be ready to pay a high interest. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
If a RTO is written in any way that allows the tenant/buyer ANY control interest in the home this will very likely fall under the provision of the Dobbs Franks Consumer Protection Act.(one exception applies) The provision of interest regarding home loans (control interest means home financing) prohibits the owner from evicting or foreclosing until due process is complete. Plus they will be held accountable for all legal costs. Any dog bite attorney will see the piles of money to be made and can put the landlord into bankruptcy. ------------Those are the rules today.-------------The reality is, RTO and Lease options DO NOT EXIST except in the same place you find unicorns. What you think is an RTO or lease/option is purely rent accompanied by a certificate of deposit whose real purpose is to fund your relocation. --------------- ANSWER...all such advertised offers are scams.....or an opportunity for you to turn a unwitting landlords reality into something truly awful. ..............Focus your energy and efforts towards becoming qualified for a home mortgage. You can do it now or 5, 10, 15 thousand dollars from now. All roads, you will discover, lead to establishing a good credit history and qualifying for a home mortgage. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 21, 2013
jcferrufino answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Joe Schiller answered:
call a tile company..your not doing anything illegal
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
I'm not sure if TCF lends in Cali or if they're still doing ITIN loans but I know they used to do them in the past, might be worth a look.
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
Thu May 16, 2013
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
Desafortunadamente la legislacion en Arizona esta dificil para la compra con itin
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 3, 2013
Randall Lancaster answered:
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Joanna Weiss answered:
90% loan with mortgage insurance is less expensive than FHA. I have done 80/10 loans in the past. Let me know if I might be of help to you. Joanna 773-327-3580.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Ivan Sagel answered:
Are looking to buy or sell? I would be happy to meet with you to discuss details.

Best regards,

Ivan Sagel
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
davidmurree answered:
Yes i think you can easily find apartment in Avondale area. You need to visit this search engine then select your location and find the all latest listing for apartments. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
JIM Michaels answered:
best to email a loan broker on this one at (Wesley) Jura Vice President. NMLS ID 225274. Direct: 773-304-3412. Fax: 773-283-2788. Cell: 312-405-2404. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 16, 2013
JIM Michaels answered:
email me at and I will send you the information I have on this
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Lonny Miller answered:
have you thought about a short sale ? if you owe 180 and the house is worth 190 you will still owe at the closing because of the transaction fees. if it's only worth 175, or 150, you could owe tens of thousands !

If you do a short sale the bank will pay all the fees and usually waive the deficiency.

Feel free to call me to discuss. A consultation is 1,000% FREE and the short sale service is also free.

Thanks !


Lonny Miller

Realtor @ Charles Rutenberg Realty
Serving Chicago and Suburbs
ph 847-347-4666
fax 847-737-1436

'Helping Sellers of Short Sales Throughout Chicagoland'
... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice