Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

60618 : Real Estate Advice

  • All78
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying24
  • Home Selling9
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 65
Tue Dec 27, 2016
Ivanadventista answered:
anyone that refinance a house from Connecticut?
0 votes 23 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Alysse Musgrave answered:
A reputable lender can give you exact figures based on your qualifications, but generally speaking assume $400-400 for an inspection, 0-3.5% for your downpayment, and roughly 3-4% of the sales price for all other expenses.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 27, 2016
Ross.h.petersen asked:
Mon Aug 8, 2016
Dustin102783 asked:
We owe 167 on the house and I would have to refinance for 208 to buy her out. The house is worth around 250 as is, it is a fixer upper. I have found someone to invest in the house with me…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 8, 2016
Dustin102783 asked:
Getting divorced and I want to keep the house. It is worth about 250 in its current state so this means I would have to refinance for 208. I have someone who is willing to invest in the…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 18, 2016
Cathryn Browne answered:
What areas/neighborhoods are you looking in? What's your goal? Owner occupied or passive investment? Chicago is so diverse and each neighborhood has distinct character and pricing. Feel free to contact me to discuss further. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 21, 2016
Jeff Nobleza answered:
Call Dan Huschen at 773 593 6088 as he is a contractor that can help you.

Jeff Nobleza
@ Properties
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 14, 2016
Bob Brandt answered:
You may mean LOXON, but they have several products that may work for you. Check their website.
I have had great success with their products.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 13, 2016
Five Stars answered:
Yes, we currently offer 95% Jumbo financing up to 1mil in Chicago. Fixed interest rate or ARM.. both with no PMI. Credit must be over 700 and able to document income.

Five Stars Mortgage
National Jumbo Loan Resource
7 days week - 9am-8pm
Ph: 800-871-2636
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 17, 2016
Jeff Nobleza answered:
Your profile states that you are in Evanston IL looking to purchase a home in the 60618 zip code of Chicago.

I'm located at 1821 Benson Avenue in Evanston. Feel free to call me and you can stop by and I can discuss figures with you.

Jeff Nobleza
@ Properties
773 677 5340
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 16, 2016
Jeff Nobleza answered:
Generally speaking, the seller or their broker pay the buyer broker's commission. Not using a broker may have actually cost you money as you are not able to benefit from knowledge and guidance of a real estate broker ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 1, 2015
Adam Silk answered:
Should be 24hrs as long as you don't have any strange income situations
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 25, 2015
Amelia Robinette answered:
you're entering into a contract for an enormous amount of money - spend the couple hundred bucks and have an attorney go over the contract terms so you know your obligations and the buyers obligations.

consulting an agent is best to understand the value of your condo, if you're looking to purchase another property, you could probably get someone to help w/the sale contracts gratis or at a steep discount if you're also going to have the represent you on your next purchase.

best of luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 14, 2015
Randy Stoker answered:
Rental listings are posted through; a company owned by Zillow that also now owns Trulia. Go back to your log-on page and delete the posting. Your rental listing will be removed from Trulia, Zillow and several other websites within 48 hours. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2015
Laura Beson answered:
A sump pump helps to prevent flooding, so I would take this as a good thing!
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 5, 2015
Brian Nguyen answered:
There are lenders like myself that are able to do loans with only ITIN numbers. Although, this type of loan usually requires a decent sized down payment. So if you have a down payment available, then this type of loan may be a good option for you. Either way, the best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 5, 2015
Bart answered:
We offer ITIN loans nationwide.

Our guidelines are as follows:

2 yrs employment in the USA (Tax returns and W2s are required)

US Bank Account that is at least 60 days old

20% down

125K loan amount is minimum

Let's discuss your loan scenario! My number is 800 315 8803 and my name is Bart. I have been lending nationwide since 1987 and am happy to answer your mortgage questions.

Bart Gabe

800 315 8803
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 14, 2015
Angela & Barbara Adams answered:
Step 1: Go to and set up free monitoring account
Step 2: Go to your bank and order a secured credit card in the amount of $300
Step 3: Start using it to pay for gas. Never spend over 30% and pay off the amount as soon as the balance hits so you're never charged interest. (I did this and it raised my scored about 10 points every month).
Step 4: Get 1 more secured cards for the same amount and repeat.
Step 5: Repeat process. (so you have 3 lines of revolving credit). Again use them only for everyday purchases and never go over 30%
Step 5: Write to the credit bureaus to remove negative inquiries off your credit. Creditors only have X number of days to respond. If they don't then it has to be removed.
Step 6: Call a loan officer. Have them run your credit and look at your numbers. Your debt to income ratio will need to be under 43% to qualify for a QM loan product. Talk with them about various loan programs and see which is the best fit for you. There are several low down payment programs available and many times family member can gift your down payment should you need some help there.
Step 7: Create a saving schedule & debt reduction plan. This may require talking to a specialist but you might be able to do this on your own with proper research and planning.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 14, 2014
Gary Geer answered:
You may want to at least have an attorney represent your interests. Many issues can come up that would require an advocate on at least your side.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice