Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

60041 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Patty Harrison answered:

We can do loans with itin numbers to 65 percent. Let me know if this is an option for you.

Best regards,

Patty harrison
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Gary Geer answered:
Let me know if you still have questions about property in Ingleside, IL 60041. If you need a Comparative Market Analysis, I provide that for service for anyone who needs to know what property is worth. I provide it for buyers and sellers and service all of Lake and McHenry counties. That service is FREE of any charge or obligation.

All the best,
Gary Geer
Results Realty USA
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Gary Geer answered:
Were you scuccessful with talking to an attorney to help resolve your issue?
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 15, 2013
John Walin answered:
Tue Jun 28, 2011
John Walin answered:
Just record the deed at the county, they can tell you if you need a lawyer to do or if it is appropriate for you to submit as is for a small fee.
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 26, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
See a lawyer. I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice.

However . . .

If the quit claim hasn't been recorded, then the property hasn't been transferred. So, if you're saying that it was quit claimed to you, but in the interim someone else put a lien on the property, the situation is that the original owner still owns the property with a lien on it.

You can find out if there is, indeed, a lien on it by going to the courthouse and checking the records. Or a title or settlement company can easily determine that.

I'm sure there's some logic to getting a quit claim deed and then not recording it. I've heard of other people who've done that. But if you don't record it, then the property is still in the original owner's name. And he can sell it to someone else, borrow against it, or--as in this case--have a lien filed against it.

See a lawyer and try to get it straightened out.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Diane Wheatley answered:
I'm not an attorney mind you but my knowledge and experience allows me to offer you this information. A deed does not need to be recorded or even acknowledged to be valid. It is the Grantor's intent that governs the validity of a quit claim deed meaning that the grantor has delivered the quit claim deed with the intent of transferring title, and the grantee has accepted it. Constructive delivery acknowledged by both parties must be evident and the deed must be delivered while the grantor is alive or it bears no legal effect.

Even if the Grant Deed is recorded providing constructive notice to all parties it still may not be valid unless the grantee accepts it but a recorded deed does provide unresputed construcive notice to the grantee as long as the grantor is within the chain of title for the property or proven owner of the property somewhere down the line.

A quitclaim deed is typically used to clear up a cloud on title such as a technical flaw in an earlier deed such as a mispelling or an error in the property description. It offers no warranties of any sort. A quitclaim deed is also used when the grantor is not sure of the validity of his or her title and wants to avoid giving any warranties.

Too much technical talk? I'm sorry. It can be technical depending upon the circumstances. Hope I helped. Good luck!
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 15, 2008
Paul Mackey answered:
There is no lega requirement to record a deed, but why wouldn't you? It makes any legal claims you may have a lot easier...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 15, 2008
Mwass answered:
an unrecorded quit claim deed "MIGHT" be valid, provided that all legal requirements were met when it was given by the grantor (owner) to the buyer (grantee).

recording the document is always RECOMMENDED because it "proves" the transfer of title by making it a public record. for example, if the grantor gave a subsequent deed to someone else who recorded first, the hold of the quit claim might have problems.

if the holder of the quit claim intends to sell the property to someone else, AND if the buyer asks for title insurance, the deed will DEFINITELY have to be recorded
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice