Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

55423 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 7
Sun Apr 6, 2014
Mike Kelcher answered:
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Andrew Abercrombie answered:
Hi Amelia,

There are many programs available for a person who has less than perfect credit. With certain types of credit you may only qualify for an FHA loan. The best advice I can give to you is to speak with a qualified mortgage professional who can look at your situation and give you tips to increase your credit score. There are ways to boost your score significantly within 6 months to a year. If you have any questions please call me: 612-840-1093. ... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 27, 2013
I would be happy to help you with your Va loan if you have not been able to get it done yet.

Shawn Sullivan
Mortgage Loan Originator
NMLS #350140

Direct: 612-747-8200
FAX: 612-573-6604

My Website: Www.ShawnSullivan.Biz

WJ Bradley Mortgage Capital LLC
NMLS ID 3233
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Claire Bastien Sales Associate answered:
You would probably want to check with a short term rental agency if you prefer not to use the short term stay hotel suites. There are several options available in town, you could contact one of the these below to get started. Some options might be available on Craigslist as well.

I hope you found this helpful.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 5, 2009
Dan Asleson - HALO Properties answered:
Let me preface, by stating I'm not an attorney, but I do own and broker a management company in the Twin Cities.

Unless there is a specific clause in the lease regarding an early termination, the current tenant is legally obligated to fulfill the term of the lease. Understandably, that may not always happen due to any number of reasons a tenant may need to move unexpectedly. I would either allow them to sublet, or amend the lease agreement to allow an early termination as soon as you're able to find a new tenant.

Additionally, depending on your lease the tenant may be responsible for any costs incurred in finding a new tenant. i.e. any leasing fees you pay your management company.

Regarding the double rent issue, it is my understanding of current legal precedent that you are not allowed to collect double rent, even if you get permission of the current tenant to do so. Please consult a trusted attorney for verification on this, or contact me and I can get you in touch with one.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 18, 2008
Cindy Hanson Welu answered:
There is a lot of good advice here. We have had several clients go to the county as suggested and request a tax abatement. Some have been successful, others not. Some have been able to get the value for tax purposes reduced some, but maybe not to where the current market value is, but it's at least a help for the current market. The value of your home will improve over time, those losing value now are those having to sell...most are opting for a short sale versus trying to sell at a higher price and not sell or face foreclosure. Many individuals who purchased in the past 5-6 years are in the same situation you are where their tax value is higher than market value. Again, a tax abatement is the best chance to lower your tax liability in the short term. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 31, 2008
Todd Norsted answered:
Kathleen, I reread your question and thought of this resource which could be helpful to you. I use it quite often. It's a great website!

Thanks, Todd Norsted ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice