Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 55119 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Mon Mar 21, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
You might not have to. A lender just wants to see a consistent earnings history. If you simply started new positions in the same industries you worked in before and are being compensated in essentially the same manner (ex. salary instead of base + commission), the fact that you've recently started new jobs might not stop you from buying.

Why not talk to some local lenders to get feedback specific to your situation?
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 24, 2015
Ray asked:
The 55119 area is HUGE. I only am looking south of 94. Is there a way for me to collapse the search area to the neighborhoods that I desire within the 55119 area?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 13, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
The only reliable answer will come from your mortgage lender with a complete application. There is just not enough information to say with any certainty one way or another. You may qualify on your income alone or if he was doing the same type of work as an employee before becoming independent, they may not need 2 years. Rather than speculate and create even more questions and possibilities, talk to a great local lender and see what they suggest. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Russ Douville answered:
570 is tough in today's market. As others have mentioned, Rapid Rescore is a viable option for improving the score if there are quick changes that can be made. If improving your ex's score needs to be a more long term project I suggest checking out and meeting with a home ownership/credit counselor in your area. There are plenty of no-cost credit counselors out there, but these folks are free AND specialize in getting people into home ownership through both credit repair and mortgage options. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Cameron Piper answered:

Contact the department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). What you are stating would be a violation of the Federal Fair Housing statutes and would be investigated by HUD. The state attorney general would not be a bad call either as there are seperate state statutes that this allegation could be investiagated under.

One word of caution however. What you are proposing is a very serious allegation and should only be complained if you are really sure that is what is taking place. Make sure you aren't mistaking a bank's underwriting criteria or guidelines for a racist roadblock to your loan.

Cameron Piper
licensed MN Broker
Coldwell Banker Burnet
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 12, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
Have you reviewed county tax records determine number of room count. If any question appraiser can determine exactly what the room would be considered to be.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter:
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice