Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

55116 : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Cameron Piper answered:
In MN, where the question was posted. Giving notice of one month means that you have to give notice the day before the last day of the previous month. In other words, you need to give the landlord a full month, plus one day. From what I read here, it sounds like you gave your notice too late.

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
licensed MN Broker
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 8, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:

You are finding that homes built to the family of the 1950's and 60's and in now way able to meet the needs and expectations of today's family.

Your best approach will likely be to find a total solution for the problem. Today's needs include a two bathroom scenario at the very least. With this said, the locations of such facilities should be a major consideration and you'll likely find (hopefully not too late) that having baths in the basement and second level will not get it done. Future buyers will see this as a huge inconvenience and render your home as likely flawed for the RE market.

With this said, in my opinion your absolute best choice is to "bite the bullet" and do what needs to be done to locate the bath where it should have been in the very beginning....on the first floor.

Good luck with your decision.

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Susan Hofflander answered:
Oy, why would you want to do this on your own? I find it interesting that people consider trying to handle complicated legal procedures on their own when they wouldn't dream of doing things like performing surgery on themselves.

At the very least, consult with an attorney and explain your situation. Consult with a couple of attorneys. They usually don't charge for an initial consultation. From there, you can decide if someone is willing to work for YOUR best interests and not charge you an arm or a leg. That way, you'll know it's being handled correctly so you can walk away with no worries about future repercussions.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 11, 2010
Jacqueline Knauf answered:
A great source for free legal advice for tenants in Minnesota is the HOME Line. If you call them, they will explain applicable laws and your legal options.

Jacqueline Miller
RE/MAX Results ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 21, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
No one can make a statement on behalf of any party unless all executed documents are reviewed . Have you contacted property manager interview them of their standards? Or your Realtor who assisted in securing the property?

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter:
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Elizabeth Fuller answered:
These companies are probably swamped; pay attention to the form of communications they will accept. Pressure in any other medium may result in a "fall of position" in the stack of files awaiting decisions or action. It is a very frustratiing aspect of our current real estate transactions so far as foreclosure is concerned. This need for Satisfaction of Title, Quit Claims and other similar documents; it is just that right now the use of technology, email, and the volume of queries and paper work have changed the process. Not too many years ago most things were sent by overnight mail or FedEx or DHL. Today there is no DHL, many documents are sent and filed using email. Practice patience and be sure you have a place to stay while in a holding your breath mode. We all can recall horror stories, but I like to think we can focus on the positive and cultivate the possible. Liz, 612-986-4105. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice