Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

50703 : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Wed Nov 18, 2015
Shannonpinchinat answered:
Like most re-posters have stated it depends. Having a competent mold removal company assess the damage should be your best bet. Definitely suggest getting several quotes. I was able to find some great info and service from this mold company in Hudson County New Jersey. They were helpful, not necessarily the cheapest (1 other bid cheaper and one more expensive) but worth it. I was provided a certificate of completion and warranty which was helpful since I was selling the home and wanted to make the current buyer aware that the problem was resolved and the warranty transferable to them.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 10, 2013
Fred Herman answered:
As a tenant, your daughter has a reasonable expectation of habitability which includes not only an apartment in good condition, but also privacy and safety/security.

Hopefully, your daughter has documented request to fix/repair defective items/problems.

if the break-ins were due in whole or part to the building not being properly secured, i.e. the entrance door lock is chronically not working and therefore not preventing unauthorized access, the landlord can/may be held responsible for the loss/damage your daughter sustained.

if possible, your daughter should move out. also she should contact a lawyer.

good luck
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice