Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 49503 : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Mon Mar 23, 2015
Christopher Williams answered:
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

First, I'm not an expert on this, but this is what I think. Your best bet is to get an attorney or legal aid involved. A good Bankruptcy attorney would have all the answers; Chase & Bylenga is the best in Michigan in my opinion. Aside from that, I would guess the bank has all the power.

I hope this helps!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Dave Kiel answered:
You should be able to qualify for a cash for keys, which would pay for relocation and down payment. Most banks offer that to people in your situation. I would also put the utilities in your name, gas and electric should not be a problem. You should also expect to hear from a local real estate broker who will be selling the house on behalf of the new owner. Most cases that person will inform you of your options. I have dealt with this many times, in almost every case the tenant has had to move but done so with compensation from the new owner. It is probably best to plan ahead while staying as long under the new ownership. if you have questions please call me, I am happy to give you advice based on my experiences. 616.780.5314 ... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice