Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 48212 : Real Estate Advice

  • All49
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Thu Jun 25, 2009
Michael Thompson answered:
To answer you a bit more directly, you always have the State of Michigans cut, the Transfer Tax (cost 8.60 per thousand about $100 in your case, and usually the buyer wants title insurance unless they're willing to take a quick claim deed. Sellers usually pay both of these cost along with deed preparation. You can contact a Title Company and they can prepare most of these type of things for you..Fees vary by company. (A realtor can not do these things, we go through title companies for this aspect of each sale). Attorney's can do some but not all and would also have to seek out a title company.
Buyer would usually pay filing fees and related matters...

As has been stated, you sometimes can save yourself some hassles by having a professional help you..but if the budget doesn't allow..title company can lead you thru it.

Hope that helps, if you need the name of a title company contact me anytime at
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice