Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

48187 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Wed Aug 17, 2016
Joshua Perry answered:
I can certainly help you. I know there is much involved in a Land Contract and a Realtor should be used. Please visit my website:
All of my contact information will be available to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.


Joshua Perry
Joshua Perry & Associates
Realtor & Home Marketing Expert
Vision Realty Centers.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 16, 2016
USMortgageRanger answered:
The process is similar to a mortgage in that we will need to verify income employment and ownership along with property value via an appraisal. I would be delighted to assist you in making your dream a reality, by providing you with a no obligation FREE consultation should you reach out to me via my profile information.

Lowell Sterling
NMLS 968898
Phone 469-347-3572
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 5, 2014
aftervince1973 answered:
Don't let a foreclosure stop you from buying a new home. See Comstock if you have a buyer in need.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 17, 2014
Jerry Weaver answered:
you can also check out
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun May 5, 2013
Terri Club answered:
I had a client who wanted to buy a home in Arizona, but he had a foreclosure. After researching the web I found a loan program at, they allow a mortgage after a foreclosure. There is no waiting period. Good to see lending options coming back. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Kathy Koslovsky answered:
I would check with a real estate lawyer.
It sounds like the homeowner has lost the home either to the city or the bank.
A lawyer will be able to tell you and to advise you as to whether you should continue to pay rent or not.
IF you need a name and number give me a call.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Andy Hargreaves answered:
Well, if the property foreclosed, the prior landlord isn't the current owner -- the bank is. Or, in your case, the city is as you say.

You'd be best served talking with an attorney, as Realtors can't give legal advice, but I think I'd find it difficult to make a payment to someone who isn't the owner of the property. Additionally, I doubt any court of law would award an eviction to someone who doesn't own the house.

For this reason, I make it part of the lease terms my clients sign that the sellers submit quarterly updates showing they are current on their mortgage payments.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Kristy Horne answered:
I have a few really good Mortgage companies that can help you!! email me so I have your address and I will send you the numbers!1
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 26, 2011
Dp2 answered:
There isn't a 'normal' process. Each bankruptcy case is handled differently. Yet, typically, if the court appointed trustee approves a request for sale, then the banks often will go along with that. However, the bank's decision also will depend upon their bottom-line at that point. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 18, 2011
Jason Nolan answered:

If your mom were to co-sign, she would be obligated for the repayment of the loan, as you would be. Their would be not impact or future liability on your father.

More importantly, you need to understand that your mother will be considered a "non occupant, co-borrower" and while her credit, income and debts will be reviewed along with yours to determine if you qualify and for how much, we still are going to disproporationately consider your income/debt/credit when making a lending decision. The raionale being that in all likelihood you will be solely making the house payment when the dust settles.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be happy to help you out. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 3, 2010
Andy Hargreaves answered:
Yes, it's going to be 3 years from the foreclosure.
Or, if you know someone with a Bankruptcy, that is 2 years from the discharge date.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 17, 2009
Daniel Castagna answered:
I believe FHA requires 12 months seasoning in order to do a cash out..Conforming is 6 months.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 16, 2009
Bartley Patterson answered:

This is a sad state of affairs. I agree whole heartedly that using a Full time Professional Realtor, is your best option. This however does not guarentee you will get the home you bid on. It will however, make sure that the care and diligence given you while making this financial decision is at the most professional level. Our jobs are not to sell you a home, we are here to educated the consumer, like yourself on all of the options, pitfalls and caveats that can occur in a real estate transaction and help guide you through the process making it a rewarding experience when you buy your home. Every full time professional REALTOR can tell you a hundred stories of different things that have happened, experience speaks wonders about making this a positive opportunity for you. One other thing I will tell you about todays market, you must detach yourself emotionally from the homes you are looking at. Becuase of some of the pricing structures, games or philosophies used to get homes sold, you won't always win. There is no guideline, no rule book for what is the right price or wrong price. This is a negotiation and you must put your best offer together that you feel the home is worth and you would be comfortable paying for the home, the bank then has the right to accept or deny the offer, simply based on the information provided. Credit scores, occupancy issues, loan types, down payments, financed or Cash, etc. Everyone of those items plays into the acceptance or denial of the offer.
Bottom line a Full time professional will help educate you on the process and help make you much more successful. If we can help, please call.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 3, 2009
Andy Hargreaves answered:
I just did a Market Evaluation for a possible listing on the same street for one of your neighbors on Friday. Shoot me a message or an email and I can fwd. that over to you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 11, 2008
Daniel answered:
The home owners association must enforce all rules for all, They cant cherry pick who will or will not have a shed. I would imagine that their rules are null and void if it can be proven that rules have not been enforced

I hate associations, just a matter of time before some committee decides what tissue paper will be allowed to blow your nose. but hey, you VOLUNTEERED to live there
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice