Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

48125 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 22
Wed Jun 22, 2016
Altman.s answered:
MSHDA has down payment assistance up to $7500. There should also be a Community Action Agency in your area that, if you qualify, could get an IDA account for a down payment. Also check with banks, some have forgivable loans for down payment assistance (I know for sure Mercantile does). ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 7, 2016
Rhapsodicbalish asked:
I'm working on getting a preapproval for a mortgage, that being an FHA loan. Can anyone tell me what down payment assistance programs are available for 2016 in "Michigan"?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 29, 2015
Jennifer Howard Barghout asked:
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Ryan Rivera answered:
It is possible. There are many factors that come in to play to obtain a mortgage loan. I would recommend contacting a loan originator in your area. They can dig deeper and point you in the right direction. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Ryan Rivera answered:
Wed Feb 25, 2015
Tim Moore answered:
What sort of auction? Foreclosure auction? Private auction? Online auction? They all advertise the upcoming auction so it's not hard to find. Online auctions advertise the opening bid as marketing to those thinking they will get it for cheap. Becarefull with those. Lots of rules to follow. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Jeffrey Parks answered:
Short answer is yes. However, the instrument or document would be a "Deed in Lieu of foreclosure"
whereby the Homeowner would sign the property back to the mortgagee and have no further rights to the property. Each case has its own quirks, if you are considering this option I recommend you seek information from a local "experienced" or a "qualified" Real Estate Attorney. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 29, 2014
Oostixz answered:
Also this is in dearborn heights mi not ohio, took the information wrong and will not allow me to change
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Andy Hargreaves answered:
Let me ask you this -- so, you haven't paid for something in almost 4 years, have lived for free and expect to get it for that cheap?

You'll have to check with your local jurisdiction, but likely no -- you'll have to reinstate your current mortgage note plus the fees you've accrued in order to sell it. Someone else might be able to purchase it for an amount above the auction amount, but you don't have a lot of time to figure that out.

You will want to consult a local attorney to advise. But based on rules here in Michigan, I'd start packing if I were you.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 11, 2013
Nadine Hadla answered:
Hi Danielle,

If you are still looking for a home, I am a resident and an expert of Dearborn heights, Contact me

Nadine Hadla
313-642-3659 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 26, 2013
kevinmckay35 answered:
600.00-750.00 rent single family home would like central air 2-3 bedroom walking distance to Hopkins between gully and telegraph road
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 4, 2013
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Prudent to consider a Short Sale or Rent the Home or find a Property Manager
to rent for you. Also start the Loan Modification process with your lender.

Good luck.

0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Michael Delaware answered:
It is not quite a bad as you think. You just need to better understand the subject of seller financing. I wrote an eBook that is available in Kindle format on Amazon. It is called: Understanding Land Contract Homes: In Pursuit of the American Dream. It also covers how to repair your credit, and use Land Contracts as a bridge to being able to get into a mortgage again in the future: ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Kathy Persha answered:
At the end of the redemption period, the bank will do one of several things. They may send someone to your home and offer you "cash for keys". Their representative would offer you some amount of money to vacate the home quickly and leave it in "broom clean" condition. They do this to protect themselves against damages and so they can take possession without issues. After you vacate and turn over the keys to their representative, you would then receive the money. There is no guarantee that this would be offered to you. Some banks will offer it and others will not.

Or, they would serve you with an eviction notice. The bank can never just send someone to your house and start throwing your things out. Once they serve you with the eviction notice, they still would have to go to court and have a judge rule to evict you. This notice can be served by posting it to your door, serving it in person or sending it by mail. The landlord/tenant rules in Michigan are very much in favor of the tenant and at the end of redemption, you would be considered a tenant. Once the judge rules and gives you a date to vacate the property, if you are still in the property, the sheriff would then be able to come and remove all your possessions and lock you out of the house.

Kathy Persha, Realtor
Nextage Advanced Realty
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Haig Istamboulian answered:

Click on the link below and you will see all listings under $30,000.00 in the areas you asked for. This list will change daily as properties get sold or new properties are added.

If you would like to get updated information every day, email me with the criteria that you are looking for and I can set up an automated search that will email you every day. My contact information is below so feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 30, 2012
Kathy Persha answered:
Public records are not updated immediately, especially in Wayne County. Your best solution would be to call the county clerk and ask about the sheriff's sale or call the office of the foreclosing attorney. Another option would be to call you lender directly. All of these three entities should be able to tell you if it sold and for how much.

Kathy Persha, Realtor
Keller WIlliams Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 26, 2011
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Athawa,
Real estate agents are not allowed by law to comment or "steer" anyone into specific neighborhoods but here is a link with statistics on crime data as well as other valuable information on Dearborn Heights:

I also suggest that if you are in the area that you drive around the neighborhoods and speak to any residents you encounter to get their thoughts about the area. Contacting the local police department regarding the types of crime there is a good idea too.

Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jan 3, 2010
Felicia Randall answered:
The realtor does not have an obligation to review the seller's financial's. The seller has an obligation to understand their own finacials and obligations. Often, realtors assist by having the titlework including the mortgage payoff amounts put together and reviewed by the seller. The sales contact you have obligates the seller to sell the property to you. You can ask for them to pay your $1,000 in order to cancel out the purchase agreement. I would continue to ask through your realtor what the short fall amount is and if the eller can pay the difference or if there is something else that can be done. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice