Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

46992 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Tue Jan 17, 2017
Selauer1990 asked:
I am looking for one bedroom house/apartment for rent. Two non-smokers (both working) with two older cats (both fixed and litter box trained).
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 14, 2014
Diane Christner answered:
You should contact a lawyer in your area that deals with real estate contracts to advise you, as agents cannot give legal advice. Generally, once a contract has closed you would then have to resolve any disputes or disclosure issues through litigation.

By the way, did you use a buyer's agent to assist you with your purchase? If so, did you ask your agent to verify the flood zone status with the sellers, FEMA maps or local governmental agencies? If the flood zone issue was important to you (and it sounds like it was), then the time to verify the flood zone status was while you were under contract and before closing.

Knowing the flood zone status of a property, especially the Base Flood Elevation of that property, is more important now than it has been in the past due to recent changes to the national flood insurance program. That is especially true for older homes that had previously been "grandfathered" into artificially lower rates.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 29, 2012
Trevor Curran answered:
I have found that CONSUMER ACTION is an excellent resource for objective advice on all things credit related. You'll find free and sincere advice on everything from settling collection accounts to rebuilding credit to building credit from scratch on their website.

Beware of anyone offering to "repair" your credit! The Federal Trade Commission issued a stern warning last year that such offers are scams. Find more from the FTC HERE.

The best way to buy a home is to have a decent credit history combined with sufficient Income and Assets for a home purchase.

The best way to have a decent credit history is to settle negative outstanding obligations and pay all your bills on time for at least two years.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 23, 2011
Annette Levinson answered:
You will not get a 203K mortgage with your husband's score under 620. If you have enough income perhaps you can do it on your own.
If there are any structural work to be done, you cannot get a streamline 203K since that is for cosmetic work and not structural like a roof.
At this time, you should be working on your husband's credit to get his mid FICO over 640. Look again at house when his score is there.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 22, 2011
Dan Tabit answered:
I'm not sure what problem you are referencing. One thing I can say, if the contract terms are not being met, you can stop closing. If the owners/tenants are living in the home and are not showing signs of moving, stop closing and hold off until everyone moves out. The costs of the delay will likely be less than the costs of eviction. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Edwardgives asked:
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Edwardgives asked:
Search Advice