Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

46383 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 16
Tue Sep 6, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Yes you can list your property by owner! To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select “Submit listings for sale.”

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you’re on Zillow’s posting page, please make sure to select “For Sale by Owner” under the address field. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 2, 2016
Kathryn asked:
I just put this home on Zillow for sale with new pictures and updated information. When will this show up on Trulia? Thanks
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 13, 2016
Larry Ohrstrom asked:
Do I list my current home before I gi looking in the new area I am moving too
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 27, 2016
Mikeevans852 asked:
My family and I currently live in a $300k home. We've had an income increase and are now looking to move into an older home and renovate it. However we want to live in our current home…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 3, 2016
Darimom asked:
would you kindly explain how to search for an add a filter - such as add a fireplace or basement - typing in fireplace and then trying to click ADD does not do the job - thank you for your…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 20, 2015
Jbeaudoin asked:
I just starting out in purchasing rental properties and I am looking for an agent that specializes in that. Thanks, Jack
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 28, 2014
Penny O'Neill answered:
The quit claim deed will go into effect as of signed date. Once filed, it becomes public record and the homestead exemption will be lost.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 10, 2014
aflower answered:
I am not a finance person, so contacting a person at your bank would be the first thing I would do. I was in the same predicament back in 1992. Do we want our kids to go to schools in Chesterton, iN or Valparaiso! IN? They are both great schools. We just happened to find a house in Porter County, IN. It was a spec home, already built, and located on an incline, so we didn't think about water problems. Our kids went through the Valparaiso School System. We live in the county and pay less taxes. Also, find a home that will fit your needs. We have a small house with 3 bedrooms, so that was a good fit with raising 2 kids. Now they are on their own, and we are staying where we are at. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 6, 2014
Ruth Norlington answered:
I don't think you will find a livable home in your price range in the area you requested.
Would you like a list of homes so that you can compare current values?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 14, 2013
James Deskins answered:
No-doc and no-income verification loans are basically impossible.

Yes, I'm a Realtor, not a lender. But I'll bet I"m right.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 14, 2013
Susan Schulz answered:
It is possible! However, since Agents are NOT the experts in finance, we guide you to Mortgage Brokers or other financial institutions that will assist you in your dream to be a homeowner! They will look at your overall credit score and credit in general. They will inform you on all the programs/loans you may be eligible for and They can give you advice on how to build/fix your credit. I have worked with many first-time home buyers and would be happy to work for you in finding your first Home and guide you through the steps!. Susan Schulz 219-405-8326 ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Susan Schulz answered:
As we all are Real Estate Agents, and NOT attorneys, We may only make suggestions.
1.For any type of "partnership" it is best to contact an Attorney that specializes in Family Law to draw up a contract that spells everything out about your partnership/potential marriage, what each individual brings to the relationship and their endeavors, spell out the "What ifs" situations that may occur in life.
2. The Title/Deed would have the names of those individuals who hold the mortgage when purchased and first Closed. You may ask the Title Company what is the best way to put your name(s) on the Title.

I hope this information is helpful1 Would be happy to assist you with finding your new Home together!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Christine McDaniel answered:
Hi Andream2323,

Real estate agents don't work with rentals alot. Try some rental websites like Craigslist, NWI Times, Post Tribune etc...

Good Luck,
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 21, 2009
Christine McDaniel answered:
Hi Korianne,

I am not an appraiser, I am a Realtor. This is a very unique market and economy. Appraisals for homes are tough right now. You do have the option of what sort of financing you will accept. An appraisal for an FHA loan will stay on the books for 6 months. If your home does not appraise for what you want the options would be - 1.) for the buyer to come up with the difference, or 2.) you reach a point in between and both the seller and buyer contribute monies to make up the difference.
From experience on recent sales the appraiser will most likely look at homes a little further back in time and farther out in area until they come up with comparable properties. I was recently told that the homes for comparables had to be no later than 60 months old and within a half a mile.


Christine McDaniel
McColly Real Estate
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice