Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

46219 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Sun Jun 18, 2017
Deannatrio77 asked:
Is it possible to get a 203k loan and use down payment assistance (I took the Framework Class). I'm located in Marion County, Indianapolis, Indiana.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 20, 2017
LaTanya asked:
Wed Oct 12, 2016
Bassinmatt asked:
I live in Indiana and not necessarily a booming neighborhood but close to the city. I have a 3 acre lot use to raise a few animals. neighbor has about 2.5 acres and right next door to…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 2, 2015
Jeff Howell answered:

This really depends on what block, as this is a very diverse area.

I live and work in the area.(Property Management-separate company & real estate sales)

Please contact me if I can be of assistance.

Jeff Howell
317-823-0908 direct
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 3, 2014
Kevin Richey answered:
When the real estate bubble popped many people were hurt. This created credit problems for a lot of people. As a result there are lenders that are willing to assist people as they work to repair their credit. There are also lenders that have programs that may help you get a loan even with a low credit score. The best place to look for help would be lenders in your area. You might also need to expand your search to find some lenders on line that could help. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 18, 2013
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 18, 2013
jrai990 asked:
Wed Nov 21, 2012
Marita Topmiller answered:
Hi Chrissy,

Please send an address of the home in 46219. This zip code
encompasses 21 - English / Emerson - Post Rd. Or, you can
google the property yourself. Of course, if you need a
Realtor, please call.


... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Indymoms09 answered:
Probably you're still asking far more than comps in that neighborhood are going for. Even if it's the Spelling Manor, if the rest of the neighborhood is so-so at best, nobody wants it for the money you're asking. Perhaps you've over-remodeled for that price point neighborhood.

My friend didn't do her homework - she signed a purchase agreement $10k over the appraised value, just because the inside was nice and it had new appliances.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 20, 2012
Alexandrea Pendygraft answered:
Kimberly is Right! Attorney Attorney Attorney! If the attorney will work with you on a contingency then you may not have to pay them up front. No promises though, but you should ask the Attorney their rates unless money is of no consequence! A purchase agreement is a legally binding contract, call a real estate attorney. Good Luck ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 15, 2012
Mike Franz answered:
This would depend on several factors, type, size and condition of the pool and concrete surroundings. A qualified contractor is a must!! You don't want to end up with a swamp where the pool resided. Remember the pool held water. Access to the area is also a concern. In general most fill dirt and top soil is sold by the cubic yard (L x W x H / 27) You can get a rough estimate on material by calculating total volume (area needed to be filled) and checking for fill and top soil prices. The labor portion is the variable and depending on the contractor the price differences can be wide. USE A QUALIFIED CONTRACTOR check references, previous jobs performed. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Mariano Simms answered:
If your name is also on the mortgage(loan), then you will not be able to get a second FHA loan, FHA only allow one mortgage per individual.
If you are planning on getting a divorce, you may want to get legal advice before making any large purchase. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Heather Fitzgerald answered:
Before venturing into the 2nd home, you might check with some lenders about refi-ing your first fha loan with that equity. There is a 15 year no monthly MI program available for FHA loans where you have that kind of equity.

Or look into refi-ing that to a conventional loan if you have approx. 20%-22% equity....

Heather Fitzgerald-371-2622
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Heather Fitzgerald answered:

You will have to have your husband you are separated from refi into his own name only, or qualify debt to income ratio wise with both mortgages and be financially prepared to be able to pay both mortgages if your husband were to default. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 1, 2010
Nathan Pfahler answered:
Yes. Anna is correct- you can only have 1 FHA mortgage at a time, however if you sell property 1, you can purchase property 2 with an FHA mortgage- ie you can have multiple FHA mortgages throughout your life. Are you looking to keep the house that you have the first FHA mortgage on as an investment property? This is allowable, assuming you didn't use Indiana Housing for the initial loan as they often have stipulations about not using the property as a rental. There are also low-downpayment conventional loans available AND some lenders are allowing a "buy-out" of the PMI- meaning a lump sum can be payed by the SELLER (or buyer, depending on how negotiations go) at the time of loan closing so you would "save" a decent amount of money each month without having 20% equity in the property. For more information on that program, please contact Matt Davis at MetLife Home Loans- 317-595-2288, or call me and I can get Matt in contact with you! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice