Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

44221 : Real Estate Advice

  • All23
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 22
Wed Nov 2, 2016
Nadaspiroff asked:
Mon Oct 24, 2016
Silu asked:
I am currently a PhD student in KSU (already acquired my master degree in NY). I am an international student holding a F1 visa.
My monthly salary is around $2,000 after tax. My credit…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 18, 2016
lipschi answered:
there are 14 states that require a HS diploma , New York and Florida are not one of them . New Jersey is , google it you will get the list
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Go to your real estate agent and ask who the recommend, if they recommend a bank instead of a broker you should probably find a different agent.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 22, 2014
Jasmine Szemenyei asked:
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Edwin answered:
I am a loan officer in the state of ohio pleas give me a call to better asist you and your husband.

Edwin Mieles
Senior Loan Officer

Residential Finance
1 Easton Oval Suite 400
Columbus, OH 43219
614.754.2754 Direct
614.324.4700 Ext 1561
877.224.7657 Fax
NMLS: 986881
Company NMLS ID: 1652
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Carey Ferrari answered:
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Jean Hudson answered:
Hello Dan!
I actually am selling a home in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. It's a great area and I believe you can look on my profile as I have info there. I don't know if your kids are small or not but if they are, you may want to at least check it out! 4br/2bath 2 1/2 story Colonial. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Auntchach answered:
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Olga Cross answered:
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
You may get a different loan that requires less down, find a grant or down payment assistance, ask the seller to pay closing costs freeing up some of your cash, buy a less expensive house, save up some money, sell something for additional cash, ask a relative for a gift.
There are 7 options, would any of these help? I also agree with Mack, having money left over is really important. Your inspection will tell you what is working then, not in 30 days, 60 days or longer. If a roof leaks, furnace breaks plumbing leaks you may be in a difficult position.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Eric Veronica answered:
Hi Gia,

The answer to your question is dependent on whether or not your debt to income ratio qualifies with both the current mortgage payment and the mortgage payment on your new home.

A common question is whether you can rent out your current home and use the estimated rents received as income. In order to use expected rental income you need to have sufficient equity in your home (25% - 30%), at least a 12 month lease, proof of first month's rent payment, proof of secuirty deposit, and a savings account that contains 6 months worth of reserves.

The reserve savings requirement would be the amount AFTER the down payment on your new home. Let's say your current home payment (including taxes and insurance) is $1000 and the new home payment (including taxes and insurance) is $2000. Your total monthly housing expense is $3000. 6 months X $3000 = Savings of $18,000.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 27, 2012
Gia answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 4, 2012
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Tue Dec 27, 2011
John Walin answered:
As mentioned you need to be licensed in your state to be performing real estate activities including showing houses. If you are interested in getting your RE license you can work for a top agent as a licensed assistant and do girl Friday stuff that requires license. You have to be sponsored by a broker and most require you to join NAR and become a Realtor. It can cost over $1000 per year just to maintain licensing and membership in local MLS.

If you like my answer, best answer and thumbs up me, thx!
... more
1 vote 20 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Abuyer answered:
If you do ask an agent for help then you should pay for their time if they dont get a commision. It is only fair.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 11, 2009
Mary Starkey answered:
Although you do not need a college degree to become a Realtor, I notice many Realtors do have their college degree. I got my Realtor's license by going to Hondros in Dayton/Cincinnati but either board of realtors also offer classes for real estate license. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 21, 2009
Mike Walker answered:
There are no point-of-sale inspections in the City of Cuyahoga Falls. In other words, the city doesn't check to verify that any code violations were corrected. You can sell the property as-is. However, be aware that you must disclose in writing to the buyer notifying them of the code violations.

The City of Cuyahoga Falls approved legislation to allow voluntary home inspections to include downspout evaluation, drain & sump pump connections and the televising of sewer laterals. If a home seller elects to have the inspection performed the city engineer will complete a Certificate of Inspection with a pass/fail grade for the home. After the certificate has been issued the home owner will have 180 days to make the necessary repairs. The actual property owner at the 180 day period ultimately will be responsible for making the necessary improvements. A homeowner can request the city to make the necessary corrections and have an assessment to their property taxes. If the corrections are not made within the 180 day time frame a surcharge will be imposed to the utilities.

The purpose of the Storm Water Inspection Program is to determine if clean clean water is entering the sanitary sewer system. I would recommend contacting the city engineer at 330-971-8180 in regards to any questions or status updates on the inspections. If you need to schedule an inspection of your home or a home that you are interested in buying you can contact the Service Director's office at 330-971-8240.

If you are a home seller in the State of Ohio there is a 4 page property disclosure where you must disclose any known housing/building code violations & zoning ordinances affecting the property to the prospective buyer. If you would like a copy of this disclosure, let me know and I can email it to you.

What type of code violations are we talking about?
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 16, 2009
John Wirsing answered:
Good morning!
Congratulations. The Real Estate Profession is a very challenging one. But also an extremely interesting, exciting & fun business if you enjoy variety and working with people to help them achieve their goals.
As with starting any business (And as a independent Contractor-you need to think how You want to run YOUR business), it takes time to build up your client base and systems. You'll need to be prepared fpor a lean few months. So, for that reason, many Realtors start off in the business on a part-time basis.
You will need to Pre-licensing program before you can be licensed.
You will need to choose a Broker before you are licensed.
Interview several different Real state companies before selecting where you want to start. There are some very significant differences in the philosophies of different companies.
I would be happy to sit down with you & explain what makes my company different and what type of realtors succeed the most in our culture.
Feel free to contact me if you would like to know more!
John Wirsing
Keller Williams Realty GC
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice