Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

43219 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Monica Minto, Both Buyer and Seller in Lewis Center, OH
Tue Jan 19, 2016
Monica Minto answered:
You can send me the addresses/ or MLS # I would be glad to look them up for you and send to you via email if you have a computer and printer you should be able to print

Thank you ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Alethia Alex…, Home Buyer in Glenford, OH
Tue Nov 3, 2015
Alethia Alexander asked:
I owe 40% of a my home through an estate and want to buy out the other's estate 60% so I can have full ownership. I only need $21,000 to do this, but am being turned down by banks/credit…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Shonna Gray, Real Estate Pro in Pickerington, OH
Mon Jul 13, 2015
Shonna Gray answered:
If you are an agent with listings you'd choose the listing you need the buyer for and click the reverse button
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
clifford.d.t…, Home Owner in Renton, WA
Wed Sep 24, 2014
clifford.d.thompson answered:
The FHA is a scam but not for the reason your friend mentioned. Look at the APR instead of the interest rate to find the true cost of the loan. An FHA loan, typically will have the best interest rate but the highest APR (by 1-1.5%) which is a better reflection of the true cost of the loan. However, when you start making the monthly payments, the FHA loan is actually higher than if you had a conventional loan. Your friend might be in an ARM. Fortunately, the rates are still historically low and hopefully refinanced by now into a Fixed rate.

Here are the cost consideration broken out when taking a FHA:

1) Upfront PMI is 1.7% (rates change frequently) of the principal amount of the loan. There is no upfront fee for PMI on conventional loans. This is several thousand dollars that is lost immediately and is added to the balance of the loan.
2) Monthly PMI is about 1.4% (rate change frequently) divided by 12. The PMI for conventional loans is about half as much. In fact, this is the reason that the monthly payment for the FHA loan is actually higher than if you had a conventional loan.
3) As of June 2013, the PMI for the FHA loan is now for the life of the loan. This was the biggest deal breaker for me and anyone considering this loan. This can cost you between $100-200k over the life of the loan.
4) If you refinance out of the FHA loan, the upfront PMI is not refundable.
5) If you refinance out fo the FHA loan, you have to pay the entire month of interest no matter when the new loan closes. This forces you to close on the new loan at the end of the month. Conventional loans prorate your interest when you refinance.

DO NOT USE THESE LOANS. Save an extra 1.5% to get a downpayment of 5% instead of the FHA minimum of 3.5%..
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Search

Followers

281