Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 43130 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Tue May 2, 2017
Pmsheldon1 answered:
Land contracts are good for you, as buyers, but bad for sellers- Most sellers avoid this type of sale because you, the buyer, have what is called an "equitable title interest" in the property when you make your 1st payment- IF you stop paying, the seller can't sell the property without getting your consent as well- I'd recommend what is called a "Lease to Purchase" or a "Lease with an Option to Purchase"- If you have approx. $5,000 the the Lease to Purchase is for you- As a licensed REALTOR, I've done a lot of these in this area- If you have a question, please contact Phil Sheldon, 740-215-8333- ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 21, 2016
Cujocat2 answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 21, 2016
Cujocat2 asked:
I have $90,00 in cash and cannot find anything reasonable that isn't a dump, but I have terrible credit. If I ask a bank to take my money as a down payment would it be reasonable to ask…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 8, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
The first steps you should take is contact a local lender to discuss loan options and then you need a real estate agent. The lender will be able to help you and to see if or when you can qualify for a loan. Best of luck to you and your wife. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 12, 2014
Scott Godzyk answered:
The information can be only as good as ho wit is updated by its listing agent. SOme do not change teh status when put under contract or sold. The site may be behind. The best searches are ones direct from the local MLS. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 4, 2014
Eugene Dean answered:
If it is your property, I don't see why not. I don't think many cities require a permit for something so small. If you belong to a homeowners association, then they probably have some rules. I would check before starting any work.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Melissa Adams answered:
Hi Michael,

If your looking in the Fairfield Area there are many options for your financing. Alot of people forget about the USDA loans which are a $0 money down. The home must be in the eligible area which alot of Fairfield County is. You also have to make under $78k in that county as well. If those things apply to you then your score fits the program as well.

If you want to give me a call I would be happy to get you preapproved and help you through the loan process and possibly one of these great realtors who answered your question can help you find your home or help you put an offer on the one you have your eye on.

You can reach me at 614-989-4812 or apply online at
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Teri Gilmore answered:
You might want to call Farm Credit Services or Vinton County Bank (Canal Banking Center has a branch, and you can ask for Beth Bayless or Chad Meadows) . Let me know if you have any other questions, or I can be of service to you. Thanks.

Teri Gilmore, Realtor
(614) 579-5149
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2011
Bill Morris answered:
You can obtain an FHA loan after your Bankruptcy has been discharged for 2 years. Certain restrictions apply but it is possible. I am located in the 43130 Zip code you are looking to buy in. Please feel free to contact me for additional information. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 14, 2008
C clark answered:
I'm assuming you are inquiring about 1346 Hemlock Ct. I did notice in the foreclosure complaint that JP Morgan Chase had bought the home back and assigned to this company. I have heard that this company is a subsidiary of Chase, but don't quote me on this. From my understanding, the deed has not been transferred yet and therefore, this company does not have rights to sell it until this takes place. It appears that there is a motion to deny the sale order, deed, etc and the next hearing will be on the 18th. I have bought many homes from the Fairfield county sheriff's auction, but all of mine ended with the sale and the distribution of funds and a deed transferred within 30-90 days...I never had a journal entry on mine stating a motion to deny. Let me know if you would like me to do some research on this property and get you some more information(for example, do you know what was owed on the property etc). ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice