Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

43085 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Mon May 8, 2017
Nicole Harr asked:
I need to remove ad at 902 Upholland Lane, Worthington, Oh 43085.

Thank you.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2017
BCarroll asked:
I have been trying for weeks to get in contact with the sales staff for the Zillow Group regarding advertising across some of the sites that would be pertinent to our business.

0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 17, 2016
Priscilla Johnson answered:
5934 N High St #300 is currently in contract which means that a buyer's offer to purchase the home has been accepted. Often times these updates can only be seen by real estate agents through the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). If you ever want to look at a property or clarify it's availability I would be happy to help you!

Priscilla Johnson
Keller Williams Classic Properties
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 23, 2013
Jeff Paeltz answered:
Hi happylee,

I wish I had a magic bullet on this one. This is tough. Very tough. Getting an attorney for some advice is the most likely answer but the issues are more complex. I would look into who ever governs condominiums at the state level. They have to be chartered I believe. With no board members, no fees coming in, water shut off this sounds as if the State or who ever governs those aspects of condo might need to intervene. There is no fix here but there might me a mechanism at the State level to take control of a condo association and it's assets when it has become totally dysfunctional.

I appreciate your proactive stance on seeking to fix this situation but from what I gather there is no fix without an infusion of capital and negotiating with creditors in good faith. But if the current owners are not or cannot pay the necessary condo fees to maintain the properties and cover insurance and other expenses something drastic will need to be done.

I wish you the best in this terrible situation.

Jeffrey Paeltz
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 11, 2013
Ritchie Realty Group answered:
I specialize in the urban market and will be showing homes to an investor in your area today. You may contact me if you wish.

Lee Ritchie
Remax Metro Plus
614-595-0732 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Jeffrey Smith answered:
The best place to start is find out your credit score. Once you know that, reach out to a lender and see if they have programs that fit your criteria. If you do not qualify right now, hopefully the loan officer will take the time to analyze your credit and assist with increasing your score. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 31, 2011
Jason Opland answered:
If a permit is needed and you fail to get one, the city may discover this at some time in the future and getting a permit retroactively can frequently be significantly more expensive and much more problematic than having obtained the permit before work commenced. If work is not done in accordance with city procedures or if the inspector is unable to determine if the work has been done properly, you could be required to open walls, tear up floors, so that the inspection may take place. In addition, by law, work not permitted where a permit was required must be disclosed to any prospective purchaser. This force the owner to discount their sale price or perform costly or time-consuming repairs before title can be transferred.

You may obtain these permits by going directly to Building & Safety in the municipality in which the property is located or by hiring a “permit puller” who will research the permits for you.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 20, 2009
Susanne Novak answered:
"Breaking" the lease is not a good idea, your landlord can file a judgment against you and as a result, you may no longer qualify for a mortgage. Defeats the purpose, right?

Most private land lords will make arrangements with you, as long as you communicate your needs.

Things might be different if you are renting where a national company manages the property. Even so, make sure to carefully read through your lease agreement before approaching management and make it a point to politely disuss your needs and theirs - communication is a 2-way street. In most cases, the situation can be resolved.

Good luck house hunting!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 25, 2008
tom roberts answered:
So you prefer a gargage, age really has no bearing,thats why when buying any condo,I had told you about the by laws,to make sure,they are solid,and are'nt going to ask you to fork over x amt of money say,for a new roof,etc.. well let know if I can show you anything,if your still looking.


... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat May 3, 2008
Joe Herban answered:
A large company is great and does provide added networking among agents. Also, companies with large relocation pull can provide additional showings. As long as the agent is working hard and networking along with the MLS and good internet marketing, the exposure should be adequate to get the job done. Feel free to check out my website to see how I market homes... ... more
0 votes 23 answers Share Flag
Search Advice