Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

40218 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Thu Nov 9, 2017
Alan May answered:
And I want to look like George Clooney, but that hasn't worked out for me, either.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 9, 2017
Jonesd1008 asked:
Sun Apr 9, 2017
Mike Straub answered:
Too bad, I didn't see this before today, anyway, for anyone else that ever finds this has happened to them, am going to give you a prudent person's opinion, who has spent most of their life in the legal profession. CALL THE DADGUMMED POLICE!!! You've been robbed! If all that you have stated here actually happened, you allowed that banker to plunder your personal, and real estate holdings. The police must respond to your home, especially if you come home, and all your things are gone, CALL THE DADGUMMED COPS! In fact, if it still hasn't been proven by a court of competent jurisdiction in your state that they had the right to take the house(?) and, even if they did, they certainly broke the law while doing it the way they did. CALL THE DADGUMMED COPS RIGHT THIS MINUTE, and if they refuse to investigate it (It's a civil matter! Their typical reply, your not here about the mortgage, you come to them because u have been robbed! Your next step will be the District Attorney, tell them what happened, and if they still refuse to do it, you now have a giant lawsuit against the state, file a complaint for malfeasance, etcetera, etc., against the prosecutor who refused to provide you with equal protection of the law, due process (They refuse to investigate you claims,) unless they provided you with a legal explanation for not! Generally, a statute of limitations on grand theft is 4 years, so you still have time, and hope you can muster up some witnesses from when it happened, as well as it would be prudent to have witnesses to encounters with the cops and prosecuter! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 3, 2016
Hannahb2006 asked:
My home is 3826 Klondike Lane, Louisville. I have taken my listing off Zillow and I'm unable to take my listing off your site.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 5, 2015
Devin Veith answered:
Sorry to hear that. You can try contacting the lender or foreclosing attorney to see what your options are. Depending on what stage of the foreclosure process the house is in, you might be able to either do a short sale, loan modification, or deed in lieu. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 21, 2014
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Follow the advice of your attorney. This is pretty much standard procedure when someone stops paying mortgage payments. Is there any equity in the house? Would you inherit the equity? If so, you ought to talk to a local realtor about selling the house. You could sell the house as the executor of your Dad's estate, but I don't know if that is practical. You should have enough time to move in any case. My understanding is that even after the bank forecloses, if you are still in the home, they will have to go through a formal eviction proceeding and it all times time. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 4, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
The Home Warranty company should be no problem; they will look at the INSPECTION and the prolem now, and they should fix it: I doubt that you will get a new A/C, but you knew how old it was when you bought the house.
I have gone down to the City and had the utilities turned on in MY NAME so that we could do an Inspection; it cost me $85, (personally) but I got it done and protected my client!
The stove should have been discovered, and it is really your fault, and your Agent's, for not having the utilities turned on. Got a problem; solve a problem.
But that is still probably a $150 problem as is the shower leak.

Buyers don't realize that all the safeguards we have will not eliminate their due diligence: You cannot just sue somebody because of a $150 problem; and let me guess, the SELLER was a Bank?
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 5, 2007
Mary Mattingly answered:
I would be more than happy to send over a report of the condos recenty sold in Holly House. Nevertheless thsi report would be rather lenghty and hard to post directly on this site. If you email me directly at I can get you the information you are seeking. In addition if you are currently working with a realtor this would be a request for them directly as well. Please feel free to contact me and I will get you the information you need. Thanks so much and have a great day! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice