Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

39564 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 20
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Jewelaree1944 answered:
3% to 6% of the selling price.
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Fri May 13, 2016
judee_fearn answered:
I live in the area. The prices are low at this time so it is a buyers market. However I do not know if in 3 years how the market will be for re selling
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri May 13, 2016
judee_fearn asked:
I can not find a standard contract or form to help me get into the door of banks and mortgage companies to discuss exactly what I would do for foreclosed properties.
can you please help…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 30, 2015
Ggwoods asked:
Thu Jan 29, 2015
Lazaro Rovira answered:
Hi Glady's

Yes they do unless someone has a Power of Attorney to sign on their behalf, for more info you should contact a Real Estate Attorney who can better assist you with this questions.

If you have any other questions just contact me RoviraTeam@Yahoo.Com or 228-365-8034.

You can also pass by our office anytime at 4302 Chicot St, Pascagoula MS.

Best Regards,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 19, 2014
Charles Taylor answered:
I'm a realtor, but also work in a large development firm in NJ and PA. We have a number of communitites in PA. What I've seen done a number of times is what I call "dummy listings". For example, a national builder is now building in one of our developments. They created 4 listings for 4 different floorplans, 1 MacDonald Drive, 2 MacDonald Drive, etc even though these addresses don't and actually never will exist. In the end when the job is closed out, they expire the listing.

Hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Karen Chewning answered:
You absolutely need to contact a Real Estate Attorney. Laws differ state to state and this really needs to be advised my an Attny
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Karen Chewning answered:
Speak with Real Estate Attn y ASAP!!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Jim Olive answered:
Very common and good strategy. Some sellers will look at a "full price" offer and not pay enough attention to the "seller pays buyer's closing costs" line. In the end, the seller isn't getting full price, but they think they are, or at least feel like they are. It's also good for neighborhood prices and values, as it will be reported as a higher sale price, rather than taking the closing cost expense off the purchase price.... ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Karen Chewning answered:
Typically surveys are not required for lenders in our market. If the seller has a survey available it would be listed in the sellers disclosure that is available. Your buyers agent can make the purchase contingent on the buyer receiving a copy of the survey if seller states one is available. If buyer feels one is necessary they can also request the seller provide one. They would have to have this contingency written in the contract as well before signed by buyer and seller. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 28, 2013
J. Carraway answered:
I would say either the Chancery Court or the previous owner. If the owner knows who did the most recent survey then their office should be able to provide a copy.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 29, 2013
Karen Chewning answered:
The market in Ocean Springs is VERY strong right now compared to the last three years. I am with Coldwell Banker Alfonso in OS and I am having a record breaking year in Sales. Prices are up and the interest rates are creeping up and the buyers know it!!

I say SELL. Contact me for more info I can do a free market analysis for you!!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 20, 2013
Erin Conner answered:
Consult an attorney, but my understanding in Mississippi is that with no will the home would become part of estate and children are entitled to a portion of estate.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Damion Flynn answered:
To my knowledge, there is not a publicly available GIS solution for this. However, if you are working with a buyer's agent, they should be able to pull this data on a per-home basis using GIS data provided by our local REALTOR® board.

If you don't have a buyer's agent - feel free to shoot me an email and I can refer one to you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 16, 2012
Annie33113 answered:
The house, as many on that street, suffered from deferred maintenance at the hands of the original owners, and flooded during Katrina. It is my understanding this particular home was repossessed.

Any specific reason for such a question? The original owner's did behave as if they were killing one another on numerous occasions, very may well have been a killing there. LOL

Might be of interest-->…

Scroll to June 1 (2011) and count down to the 12th. incident listed.

That entire area, Gulf Park Estates, is terrible, property values have plummeted, crime has risen considerably, and the Jackson County SO is not IMHO proactive enough. A lot of those homes were purchased under the "AmeriDream" program, frankly, the mortgages way extend the actual value of the homes.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 26, 2011
Tammy Belford answered:
These programs come and go and you would want to interview you're realtor to see if she or he is in the loop on what grants and programs are available.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Lvyles answered:
My husband and I have a home in Gulf Park Estates, which is in Ocean Springs, MS. We have relocated to Houston and are willing to take on a renter if it's the right person. The home is 1/2 mile from a fishing pier and boat ramp and in a quiet part of town. The home is 1680 sq. ft. 3 bed/2 bath with a large yard. If you are interested, you can email me at and I can put you in touch with our realtor. The home is currently on the market for sale but, again, we are willing to take on a renter for $1,000 per month. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 4, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
Can you clarify your question(s) where a Realtor can assist you ?

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 8, 2010
Damion Flynn answered:
Since real estate law is different in every state, you should check with a local real estate attorney (especially since Mississippi is a common law state).
Mark Orgler (Schwartz, Orgler, and Jordan, PLLC) is one of my favorites that I use on a regular basis and is a straight shooter. He can be reached at 228.832.8550 ... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 20, 2009
Patti Courtney answered:
Contact a Mississippi Real Estate attorney for this answer. Realtors cannot give legal advice to clients.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice