Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

34654 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 18
Wed May 17, 2017
Stinsley3838 asked:
Thu Apr 27, 2017
Mary answered:

Thank you for taking the time to contact regarding your request to remove your home from Trulia. We display property information on Trulia to provide consumers with transparent real estate information. We receive this information from public records gathered by a third-party data collector from your county. Our mission is to empower consumers with information and tools to make smart decisions about homes, real estate and mortgages. For this reason, we do not remove public record property information from Trulia. Rest-assured that your listing is now off the market and I can also remove the photos of it if you want? Let me know by replying to the email I sent you.

Please don't hesitate to reach back out to me should you have any questions or if there is anything at all that I can assist with.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 13, 2016
Norma.jcuaderno answered:
how far is the nearest fire hydrant to 34348 Lodge rd tollhouse CA 93667
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 17, 2016
Diane Christner answered:
There may be tax consequences of what you are looking to do, so would suggest your consult a tax adviser and also a real estate attorney before switching title to the property. If your mom lives where she has access to email and printers, she can actually list/sell the property from abroad, agents in FL often have foreign sellers or sellers residing in foreign countries that we deal with. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 10, 2014
George Sentementes answered:
By NFPA law they have to be within 500 feet of each other or less, but no more.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Otter Banks answered:
All of Florida has sinkholes.
New Port Richey doesn't have that sugar sand that they do up in Spring Hill florida so the house doesn't collapse. Purchase sinkhole insurance no matter where you live in Florida. It's about an hour from MacDill if you take the expressway. Longer depending on traffic.

Disclosure will require the seller to tell you if the house had a sinkhole.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 29, 2012
Alma Kee answered:
Hi JoBean,

Ask the listing agent to find out if the executor/Personal Representative for the Estate has an attorney and if so, if the property must go through probate. If the property was titled in the name of a trust, it may be simple and quick. If it wasn't then it may be several months before you can close the sale. Also if you have a bargain contract price then it may not be possible to buy it too much below market if the courts require an appraisal. I really don't know for sure, though. Hopefully the Seller's Estate has an attorney and they should know the proceedures and estimated closing time.

All the best,
Alma Rose Kee PA
Future Home Realty
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Steven Pahl answered:
Shane states it very well, the mortgage holder expects the house to be insured for replacement cost, not market value. Fortunately, the state reduced the amount of increase requested by Citizens and your insurance premium will not be increasing as much as you may have feared.

Why did Wells Fargo Contact you about a refinance, seems unusual if you are current on your mortgage and you still have considerable equity in your home?

Best of luck with your situation and feel free to contact me if you need any other assistance!

Steven J. Pahl e-PRO
Keller Williams Tampa Properties

813-319-6423 Office
813-763-7245 Cell

Referrals Welcome !
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 11, 2011
Donnette.riveroradrescue asked:
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Steven Pahl answered:
Yes, Nanoman, a local attorney would be a better choice to speak with about your particular situation. I wish you the best with your situation!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 13, 2011
Fred Strickroot SRES, MBA answered:
Here is another link you can go to that explains the "Protection Tenants at Foreclosure Act" with out all the legalese.

I hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 16, 2010
KC Horton answered:
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 12, 2010
KC Horton answered:
here is the link to the Pasco Appraisers Office. Log in and search.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 30, 2009
Alma Kee answered:
Hi Tim,

Pasco County has a great Neighborhood Stabilization Program that can give you up to $30k towards buying a bank-owned property. Also the $8k first time homebuyer money should also be available to upfront you via Pasco County.

Do you have income or sufficient credit to get a mortgage? If not, then you may be able to borrow against your annuity, speak with the Insurance Sales Agent that originally sold you the annuity or the contact person on your statement. They should be able to give you advice on getting money early on your annuity. Just be careful of excessive penatles.

Hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 17, 2009
Abe Mills answered:
On the appraisal they are suppose to attach photos and info of the homes they used for comps. If this home was not there, then they didn't use it as a comp. They may have plugged it in their heads though, which might have affected their final decision as to your property's current market value.

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Paula Bean answered:

I agree with Cindy, contact her and try to work out a mortgage mod. You didn't say if you live in the house or it is an investment, there are differences in what lenders will do.

Not sure about Jay's post...

>>>>please email me charles. I'm a re whoar and can make all your problems disappear.>>> was that a typo? what is a re whoar? Please explain for all of our benefit ;-) We'd like to know how to make problems disappear too! Can you vanquish teenagers and mother in laws? (giggle) If so, let me know, I will pay good money to learn this!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 9, 2008
Yvette answered:
Contact your broker and ask him or her.
You have a current relationship with them, they will welcome a paying customers new business.
You can obtain a basic lease agreement online for your family member to sign if you don't have one now.
A signed lease agreement is important.
A lease amount which will cover all expenses:
add $ for repair expenses.
Make sure tenants obtain renters insurance for their personal items.

ALSO: The mention from Bill on homestead exemption.
All Homestead Exemptions undergo an approval process and are posted the first week of March for the year for which they are applied. So, lets say you rented and bought your new home in April of 2009. You will not be able to transfer the exemption on your current home so you would then have to wait until March of the following year, in order to file for a Exemption on your new home. So inturn your current home which you will be renting to your family member will still be under the exemption.

This translates to the fact: You have up to a year to transfer your homestead from one residence to another. Now I guess you could contact the Pasco County Property Appraisers office and tell them you have rented your home, come out and adjust the taxes or you can not contact them until the following tax year next March.................

Amendment 1 info:

It has four major provisions:

Make tax benefits from Save Our Homes "portable."
Increase the exemption for homesteaded homeowners.
Cap property assessment hikes for nonhomesteaded property at 10 percent annually.
Create a $25,000 property exemption for some business equipment and mobile home property.

I have provided the link below which offers answers to related questions. Assuming your property is in pasco.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice