Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in 34238 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Fri May 9, 2014
Michael Gagg answered:
It is always best to try to speak directly to the landlord first. His insurance will not cover something like this but perhaps he will work with you. I am assuming you did not have renters insurance but if you do this would be something to call them on. Unfortunately small things like this happen and it is a shame that your belongings were damaged. However I dont beleive without renters insurance you have any rights in this situation.

You do have the right to have your plumbing fixed and fixed properly. Document everything, always have it in writing with your landlord.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Lynn Brock answered:
April Kelly, Try an apartment complex that accepts pets. Condo restrict tenants from having pets. Some single family homes will allow pets with a non refundable pet deposit and landlord discretion.

Aggressive breed dogs are usually restricted; pit bulls, dobermans, akita, rottweiler.

Good luck.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.

Visit where you can sign up for a FREE Listing book account which allows you to search the MLS in real time and receive morning reports on new listings, current pendings and recent solds.
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Lynn Brock answered:
Mike Robertson, The national relocation companies have their own pool of agents that they utlize. These agents are selected and trained by these agencies as their representatives.

The real estate agent does the work not the firm. The work skills would lnclude attention to details, results driven and persistency.

Renting out your property throws it into a different category. If homesteaded, it can no longer be homesteaded. You will have different tax implications, check with your CPA. All tenants are different, to protect yourself, have an attorney draw up a lease. Damage, no pays, access into the property are part of many other concerns that might arise. Evictions are expensive and lengthy.

One year with an option to renew under same terms. You will be able to check out the condition of the house at the conclusion of the first year, if you have not done so throughout the year.

Best regards,

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Diane Glander answered:
My rental is managed by John Dooley at Tropical Sands. They run the domain under and have been extremely helpful getting my property rented. You can reach them at 9413493460 ... more
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice