Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in 33971 : Real Estate Advice

  • All56
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying23
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Sun Jul 21, 2013
Greg Bennett answered:
Better to get in now because the market is changing and the houses are thinning out. Just bought at 89500 and it is only going to increase in value.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Danielle Sharp answered:
They have to provide you with a copy of your credit report if you request it. Also contact the credit bureaus to request a copy of your credit report from each of them. Errors on reports are more common than they should be. If it is not your debt you can dispute to have it removed. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Normalina Martin - Top 3% answered:
Hi Mohammed,

We work with Real Estate Investors needing private money instead of hard money loans so we partnered with a Private Money lender who lends to investors on all kinds of projects nationwide and provides many options to choose from since NO deal is the same.

* Offering rehab funding
* Gap funding
* Partnership in the deal

Feel free to submit your deals to become approved based on the property and not on credit:

Agents & Brokers are always protected. Call 407-796-1496 x 102

Normalina Martin, Licensed Real Estate Broker
Distressed Asset Specialist
Clear Vision Realty & Associates
"We Solve Ordinary Real Estate Situations in an Extraordinary Way"
407-796-1496 x 101
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Erik Alicea answered:
If you are going through the short sale process on your home, your Typical wait will be 2 year wait. You may want to look into getting a private loan if you have any cash available for a down payment. Most private lenders will require 30% down. But you really should not buy until after your short sale is final. If you have the cash for a private loan, and are ready to buy, email me @ ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Shelley Hughes-Spradling answered:
Or you could do a lease with the option to purchase 10% down and monthly payments acording to the purchase price in one year. The tenants have the pride of ownership and you make upwards of 705 higher return then doing a strating rental. I am a fourigne national investor from Canada and now living in Florida for the past 12 years. I would be happy to help you in putting this all together.You also want to make sure you have a u.s. a company set up to prevent having to send money to the irs. Read this befor you do anything

Call if you have any questions after reading how that would all work.
Shelley Hughes -Spradling
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Susan Hofmann answered:
Sellers of short sales will have to wait 2-5 years until they can apply for another mortgage.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Ben Ostroff answered:
Do not enter into any business with William Hogarty or Jim Rivera. His business is being investigated by local and federal agencies. If you want more details or information please contact me ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 9, 2010
Marc Comisar answered:
I would go ahead and check with a lender.....that will allow you the best idea. I have a great lender I can recommend if you need.
239-898-5329 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 26, 2010
Manu Kapoor answered:
If u need to sell, just do a short sale & get out of the real estate. But if u could afford the payments & want to keep the property as primary residence, then do not think twice. Do loan modification.
Thing and analize your financial situation. AND ACT.
Good Luck
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 1, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Simply put you have 2 options, if both loans are with the same lender you will have a better chance of accomplishing anything if there is 2 banks involved. In order to quailfy for a loan modifciation or a short sale, you have to show a hardship or inability to pay your current mortgages, in most cases they will not assist you if your only problem is your house is worth less than you. If you do quailify, Your first call should be to the mortgage compoany and ask for home retention, ask them if the cann assist you with a loan modifciation. If not ask them for a short sale package. worst case is you have 2 seprerate lenders for the 1st and 2nd mortgage. The problem being the first wont want any money going to the second, and the second wont release their lein unless they get something. You will need to find a realtor who is expereinced in short sales in your area, they can assist you in negotiations. If you do not know any short sale brokers, i can assist you with providing some names in your area through my referral network. Good luck with trying to work things out ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 21, 2009
Troy Roberts asked:
I am looking to find other investors to partner with on a few property deals and I am wondering what would be the best way to offer low to no tax ROI. Would a limited partnership be best?…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 27, 2009
James Bayfield, Foreclosure Specialist answered:
go to for the answer.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 20, 2009
Sarah Garrett answered:
Hi Luis,
You received excellent information for financing your new home in Lehigh Acres, FL from Joshua. I am very excited to hear about your hopes of moving here. I am currently working with several couples from New York looking to find their piece of paradise in SW Florida too. The timing is critical for you to decide with your banker or mortgage broker which finance method is best for you. Most offers for foreclosures or short sales need to be accompanied along with a pre-approval letter stating your maximum $ qualification or asset letter detailing amount available for escrow deposit or cash purchase. They also need to be updated at least monthly prior to including it with the contract for purchase.
If you would like to start building a portfolio of potential homes you may go to As you pick out your favorites from the searches the program will automatically update with comparables daily. You will also be able to send me notes requesting additional information etc. Happy to help.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2009"
By Gulfshore Life Magazine
Cell 239-464-8620
Office 239-274-6637x3030
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 18, 2009
Kimberly Lang answered:

As a Realtor who lives in your area, I must tell you the advantages of using a LOCAL lender! Lee county has aspects to lending and fees that are not so in other parts of the state or country. Using a local person will help to assure you can get the most knowledgable service. Seeing that person face to face is important!

I read all the answers to your questions and the last guy, his name I think was TIm, he had a good answer.
Best of luck to you!

Kimberly R. Lang

The Kimberly Lang Team
Keller Williams Elite Realty
24851 S Tamiami Trail Suite 1
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
When you think of Real Estate, Call The Red Realtor
239-949-8339 fax
239-949-8338 office
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 15, 2009
Frank Olguin answered:
My firm is a direct lender, meaning we fund and service our own loans at competiive rates. We also offer free credit repair, so if your score dropped under 620 we can help! When we assist customers, it does not take 30 days to update all 3 credit bureaus, and any changes are legal and permanent because we also update the repository. Call me for a free private consultation.

Frank Olguin
Mortgage Banker
AmericaHomeKey Inc.
500 W. Cypress Creek Rd, Suite 330
Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33309
Hablo Espanol
office 954-771-7715 x104
cell 561-386-9731
pfax 954-379-4469
Florida Mortgage Lender
No. ML0700325
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 24, 2009
Susan J. Ball answered:
I sure love Vicky's answer! I actually used my 401K to fund my self-directed IRA and bought property in Panama. I have a great contact in SW Florida that can help you do the same thing with your retirement funds, should you decide you wish to purchase. I'd be happy to share the information.
Susan Ball
Coldwell Banker
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice