Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

33946 : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Sun Jul 12, 2009
blaison samuel answered:
Yes! Unfortunately, the association has the power to foreclose the property if you are not paying their dues. At this market, if you dont have any equity then normally, they will send it to collection if you are not paying and they will put a lien also. Even if it forecloses, they will follow you for their payment, so it's better to discuss with them and explain your situation or make some payment plan.

If you cannot afford the payment then try for loan modification, so that the new payment will create some money for the association also. If you cannot qualify for loan modification, then think about doing short sale. Consult with your CPA or attorney for any tax ramifications.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice