Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 33907 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Thu Mar 5, 2015
ronbreen answered:
Oh ... forgot ... if the seller is renting the property .... the tenants may be able to riuin your life as squatters.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 5, 2015
Becky Badger Hevner asked:
Mon Jan 26, 2015
Jennifer Ferri answered:
If the deed is in the husband and wife's name, and they have both passed then the property will most likely need to be probated. At that time the heirs are named based on the probate. Then they have the legal right to sign.
You will need to consult with an attorney who handles wills/probates/estates.

Good Luck

Jennifer Ferri
Title Junction, LLC
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 8, 2013
Pam Wittenauer answered:
Hi Kaitlyn,
Do you prefer 33907 zip code area? Would probably need to be a home because condo associations don't usually allow pets.

Please contact me at 239-989-7077.

Kindest Regards, Pam Wittenauer
View my website:
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Donald Stevens answered:
Banks usually require the home to be insured for replacement cost, not market value. If the home burns down they want the home to be rebuilt, not cashed out. If you purchase a homeowners or landlord policy, depending on the occupancy of your home, then you will meet your banks insuring requirement and will not need "forced place insurance" or as you called it, lenders insurance. If you have insurance you can provide proof to the bank and they will drop the forced place insurance.

Donald Stevens
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Shelley Hughes-Spradling answered:
You could do a lease with the option to purchase the condo and take 10% down with a monthly paymnt equal or greater to what a mtg payment would be and then you have tenants with the pride of ownership and you get a higher return on your investment. And in the worse case senario and they default you keek full deposit and monthy portion going toward closing in your pocket and do it again. I did this stratagy on my primary residents and it went through with the 2nd family. If you are interested in my help please do not hesitate to contact me at.
Shelley Hughes-Spradling

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Sandy Saddleson answered:
There are many properties available in Reflection Lakes. You can see all the current MLS listings on our Reflection Lakes page.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 17, 2008
Tom Teece answered:
Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I work every day in Lehigh Acres with families like yours facing foreclosure. You can get free financial assistance. However, the HUD approved housing counseling agencies place 3 requirements on the homeowner asking for help. Good news! You don't have to wait until you can't pay. Call them immediately. It will help your negotiations with the lender if you can minimize future missed payments.

(1) You must be an owner-occupant, occupied, no “walk-aways” or investment properties.

Exceptions: when it is verifiable that the owner’s need to vacate was related to the cause of default (job loss, transfer, divorce, death), and the subject property was not purchased as a rental investment, or used as a rental for more than 12 months.

(Note: Investment property may qualify using other procedures. Property owners can contact me for free confidential help and to find out about their particular options.)

(2) Your mortgage must be in default as the result of a documentable involuntary loss of income or unavoidable increase in expenses. Have your mortgage statement and list of bills when you call.

(3) You must contact a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency BEFORE making a commitment to a particular method of dealing with your mortgage or financial problems. Call 1-888-995-HOPE.

You will receive information regarding options and alternatives that you may be entitled to, or which may be available to you -- other than the sale of your property to a third party -- to avoid foreclosure. Write down the date, counselor's name, phone number and email address, even if the counselor says they cannot help you. Your mortgage lender will want this information. It provides 3rd party verification of your financial condition, and confirms your request for government help. Contact me if I can be of further assistance to you.

Best regards, Tom
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice