Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in 33710 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 1
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Loretta Buckner answered:
David: this is a tough situation to be in, certainly, and you should know that you are protected under your lease agreement from being forced out of your home. There are many different scenarios which may lead to a tenant receiving a notice such as this one from a lender, and there are NO laws to protect you as a tenant if you do stop paying your lease agreement!

An escrow account must be set up through the courts, and the only way to do this is to file a complaint against your landlord, such as if they fail to fulfill their obligations under the lease. Read your rights under Florida State Law here:
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice