Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 33707 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Pamela Cohn answered:

You are writing your question to an open forum on Trulia...who are you waiting for an answer from? As a former foreclosure expert you should be aware of several of the issues regarding the property and questions you are referencing.
1. You don't have an exact address.
2. Check the exact address against the tax records to see what stage of the foreclosure process it is in. Has a lis pendens been filed and if so by whom? It will give the name of the law firm that filed and for whom. The law firms will not talk with the public during the process. If there is no judgement date the house is in the terrible limbo stage.
3. Until the house is foreclosed the bank does not own the property or have the rights to maintain. If it is an eyesore and a danger I suggest you go to the town or county and push them to file code enforcement liens. That may get some attention.
4. If it appears to be abandoned you can tell the lender and they may be able to change the locks for protection & safety of the property.
5. The lender may have no way of reaching or finding the owner-again a long term limbo..,or they may be missing signatures.
6. With problems- which this sounds like it has, the foreclosure process can take years.

Whatever the story is behind this one- Trulia- and agents responding to the questions posed is not a forum that can assist you. Best bet is to go down to City Hall and see if code enforcement can assist you. Good luck.


Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Jordan Becker answered:
here are five ways to go about foreclosures...
1. Search bank websites.
2. look-up government owned listings.
3. Visit your county's offices.
4. Work with a local real estate agent.
5. Pay for foreclosure listing services.

If you need further help please contact me at 727-244-5355 or email me at
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice