Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 33647 : Real Estate Advice

  • All74
  • Local Info11
  • Home Buying42
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 5
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Kelly Cook Real Estate Group answered:
Depends on what the issue is. But generally it is between $250 - $350 for a 60-90 minute consultation.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Kelly Cook Real Estate Group answered:
Your committment to a lease agreement and the fact that the landlord may not be paying their mortgage are mutually exclusive. Therefore, if you choose not to pay your rent while under a lease agreement, the landlord could evict you. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Margaret Hassani answered:
Sun Apr 4, 2010
Phyllis Crosby answered:
Contact the title company immediately - in fact if possible, go directly there in person. See what happened and why the fees were not paid. All title companies ,I know of , require an estoppel letter from the Association
of break-down of fees including past due fees due at time of closing...before they will conduct a closing. Make sue the title companycalls the attorney's office while you are there. Get your agent involved in this.

This is very serious, so please, get right on it.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 1, 2010
Katrina Madewell answered:
Unfortunately in helping other clients in the same situation as you, I've had this conversation with several different real estate attorneys and the short answer they gave me was 'yes' because your lease agreement is a completely different binding agreement than your landlords (completely separate) binding agreement with their bank to pay the mortgage payment.

I know it sounds so jacked up (not to mention COMPLETELY UNFAIR), but it made 'legal' sense to me...

All my best,
Katrina Madewell
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice