Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in 33412 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Wed Jun 24, 2015
Hannah Fliegel answered:
Hi David,

You may qualify for an FHA with a mid 600 credit score. 620 is really the minimum. Since you are $100k upside down what you can do is work with a mortgage broker who can assist you with the refinance and "buy" equity down bring $100k cash to the close and then you can refinance and cash out your brother. You then take over the property with the loan in your name, have him sign off the title and off you go.

The other way to do it, is have him sign off on the property, the mortgage will stay in his name and when you are able to through cash, and forced appreciation in the next 5 years you can refinance and get the loan off his name.

Those are really your only two options for a refinance. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 4, 2011
Carl Ashton answered:

I have 31 banks I can broker to as well as over 1500 programs in house, no current programs are available for a straight land purchase.

I can do a 203K construction loan on a primary property as long as you dont own one already. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice