Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Moving in 33334 : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Fri Aug 1, 2008
Angela Jensen answered:
Hello Tracey - I have seen people in your situation a few times and can only speak for myself and what I have done on behalf of the bank. Once the Bank foreclose they will attempt to make contact with anyone living at the property. If they are able to make contact, they will give you time to move as long as you agree to hand over the keys. In some instances they will give cash to help the tenant or homeowner move out. You sign an agreement that on a given date you will move and in return the bank will give you a check. If the bank is unable to make contact, then they will move forward with eviction proceedings. It is always best to work with the bank and they will work with you. You do not have to go through eviction if you cooperate with them. In the meantime you should take some time to look around to see what's out there as you will have to move at some point - could be in a month's time, could be six months. Hope this will help you breathe a little easier. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice