If we knew what works all the time, we'd all be doing it.
The reality is that everything works some of the time, but no one marketing method is successful for every property.
That being said, I've heard quotes that anywhere from 80% to 95% of Buyers begin their search for a home on the Internet. So having an Internet prescence is definitely worth the effort. Where and how much is up to you.
- You can experiment with ads on the big three--Trulia, Zillow, and Realtor.com--and see what kinds of leads you get.
- You can use ListHub to promote your listings on many other sites as well.
- You can also provide the maximum number of (quality) photos and a virtual tour on each of your listings online, thereby giving Buyers something appealing to look at.
- You can write a real estate blog on Trulia, ActiveRain, or any number of other online sites to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise to potential customers.
- You can post your open houses online as well.
So why would you even use ads in your local real estate magazines and newspapers?
- Well, one reason is to cover more bases, since you never know what's going to work on any given property at any given time.
- Also, an open house ad in the local paper (especially if you live in a small town, or a resort town at the height of the tourist season) can bring quite a few people out to see the home,
- Another thing to keep in mind is that most of the magazines and newspapers have their own websites that promote the listings advertised with them.
- And, it's an additional way to get your name and face out there, so people know (and remember) that you sell real estate.
You get the idea. The best thing to do is just try a lot of different things until you find what works. Don't rule anything out without trying it first. Good luck, and enjoy the journey.