Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Property Q&A in 33141 : Real Estate Advice

  • All179
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying85
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 58
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Lucia Diaz asked:
I have a client interested in 6931 Indian Creek Dr # 1, so contacted the number listed (515-216-0653) to schedule an appointment.
I got a text from another number 515-966-8234 telling…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 3, 2015
Nanette Monty asked:
Sun Jun 29, 2014
Allister Lenn answered:
This property was an annual rental and is under contract.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 24, 2014
wcedric31 asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 30, 2014
Cindi Kasperski asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 14, 2013
Jose Guzman answered:
Hi Arielle,

Your listing is ok now. The only exclusive right you have is to advertise it, not exclusive right to sell it as it is listed in the MLS.

Good luck
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 23, 2012
Steven Epstein, P.A. answered:
Sounds like you need to discuss this with your bankruptcy attorney. The verbage I believe you need to be clear in your questions is to "re-affirm" the debt (not resign). You may be looking for a loan mod & Ch 13 banruptcy is a form of loan mod. I belive you'll have to qualify under HARP2 to make the new payments and your debts must not excee 31% of your income as just one of the factors. You can keep your home in banruptcy here in Fla provided you continue to make & keep the ALL the mortgage payments current I do not know if the same law applies in CA. Your lender would need to agree, the other creditors too and the BK trustee would need to approve the deal. Please consult your bankruptcy attorney, this is not a question that a Realtor is licensed to answer. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 14, 2011
Rosie Morot-Gaudry answered:
New listings are always getting a lot of attentions so it is very important to set the price right from beginning. If you get calls but have no showings you need to adjust the asking price.Going back to your question, your home may sell in a few days or 3 month,.....price it right and it will sell fast ! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 2, 2010
Edna answered:
I am in the same boat. Bought a house for $400K in 2004, down payment of $80K, now worth $285, less than what I owe on it. Its rented and I am negative by $700.month, Im not even qualified to take income tax deduction on the annual losses. .
what to do ? I am stuck.. If we give it up, our credit will get hurt. I can't afford that.

If you could afford for your credit to be not perfect, then you could let it go...
You can either do a short sale, or give it back to the lender in lieu , or have them foreclose meaning you stop paying on it) .. Then there is an end to the bleed..
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 1, 2009
Fred Griffin answered:
Hi, Sarah

I replied to your other question before noticing that you say,

"Can't afford an attorney, I know about that already"

You do mention (elsewhere) that you are making partial payments.

Suggestion: use THAT money to get an Attorney instead.

Best wishes,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2009
Catherine Kim Owens answered:
is your mother renting the apartment or buying? you can only have one primary home homesteaded, and there is a minimum length of time that you have to live in that home...go to the Dade County's tax site to check out the requirements.

You might want to think about selling, but owner finance, which means you won't get all the $ up front...that way, you'll get monthly payments, and if they default, you can get the house back...just a thought. There are plenty of first time buyers out there, who would love to buy this way in these days of almost impossible financing. However, you want to check their credit history and make sure all the legal ramifications have been addressed by a lawyer.

I would be happy to help you do a comp analysis of the house (I might even have a buyer for you). I'm a realtor, mortgage broker, and CAM property mgr. I also work closely w an attorney. Together, I think we can solve all your needs.

It's a tough time when our parents get older. I, myself, have and will go thru similar experiences w my parents.
Catherine Kim Owens P.A. 954-536-0648;
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 11, 2009
Lindsey M. Bishop answered:
If you look at your taxes and see that you are being assessed and paying taxes on the value of your home at $180,000 you would need to pay an appraiser to complete a tax appraisal. This way you can submit the appraisal to prove value is lower and get your taxes reduced.

Did you try a loan modification? Even with on time payments your mortgage company may consider forgiving part of your principle balance. I do have an application if you are interseted in applying for the loan modification and seeing if anything can be done.

Good Luck,

Lindsey :-)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 29, 2009
Orlando asked:
was 178000 back in 2005. Then it went up to more than 200000 in 2007.
The value has decreased by more than 50% in 2008.
Does anyone know if my property taxes are going to be much lower…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 22, 2009
Audra McCollum answered:
Hi Orlando,

You should ask a Real Estate Atty or CPA this question. I don't think they will charge you for a simple question such as this.

Best regards,
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 21, 2009
Audra McCollum answered:
Hi Orlando,

My best advice is to consult a Real Estate Attorney with this question. My understanding (from discussions with Real Estate Attys) is that you must be residing in the property the evening of Dec 31/Jan 1. However, I think further explanation is probably needed and there are a lot of misconceptions out there. You should not be charged by an attorney for a question such as this (especially if you have any friends who are attorneys). ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 17, 2009
Dana Schuster answered:
A local agent can probably give you the best advice,but I would think you should notify the lender & hopefully
they will be sympathetic under the circumstances. i think if you try to conceal this,you could be letting yourself in for legal trouble. And tax collectors have ways of finding these things out. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 16, 2009
Thomas Q. asked:
Also, do i have to stop the homestead exemption right away? I lived here almost 3 years.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 15, 2009
Thomas Q. asked:
50% foreclosures are not selling. Last we sold was 2008. So, i am moving out and getting a tenant.
Do i have to tell the lender that the property is now considered an investment? I am behind…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice