Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

33134 : Real Estate Advice

  • All38
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying19
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 31
Mon Oct 30, 2017
Faith answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 29, 2017
C.chaves asked:
On your website The new pictures of 888 S Douglas Rd #1113 Coral Gables are mixed with pictures of previous listing, prior to being sold in 2013. Please remove the old pictures. Thank you.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu May 25, 2017
Vangelet answered:
In a For Sale By Owner residence deal, Is it wrong for the seller to accept the deposit made out to his/her name? Or is law for it to be made out to the Buyers Escrow Agent? Thank you
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 29, 2017
Dmico2 asked:
I'm renting a house in Florida ($2800/mo last 3 yrs) and would like to buy but can't qualify for a mortgage currently. My mother who lives in Illinois would like to help. She's…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 24, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Who are you addressing this to? You realize Trulia isn't a real estate company, right?? Maybe you should contact agents in your area and offer to attend open houses with them?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 8, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
The best source of listings for me is leads from my Active Rain Blog.
0 votes 29 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 11, 2016
Elio serra asked:
Sun Jun 14, 2015
Joseph Domino answered:
You don't structure it in your offer. You do it by separate agreement with the agent. The offer/contract is between the buyer and the seller. You should never inject a 3rd party into your 2 party contract.

In our area, it is typical to perform this by using a "Commission Reduction Agreement" that is given to the closing agent who will then calculate it into the settlement statement.

One important note, if you are financing your purchase make sure your lender allows this type of credit. You do not want to be surprised at the very end to find out that your lender will not allow it and hold up your closing.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 2, 2014
Ann Ryan answered:
I think any time you are embarking on renovation ANYWHERE, you need to build in a cushion in terms of what you tell the contractor you can afford. If you tell them $200K, you need to be prepared to spend $300K. This practice is so common that most contractors are probably expecting you to budget well below what you are prepared to pay.

Okay, and yes, Coral Gables is tought, but that's what makes it such a desirable place to live, they don't allow things to be done poorly.

Ann Ryan
Keyes Real Estate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 15, 2014
Javier Olmedo answered:
Right Price means different things. Right price for buyer? Right price for seller? Right price for appraisal to go through? Everyone has a different perspective and through the assistance of a Realtor, such as myself, this becomes easier to navigate.

Jaiver Olmedo, Realtor
Keller Williams Coral Gables
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 24, 2014
David Siddons Group answered:
Dear JRD

Call me to tell me what you are looking for specifically and can help you. In the meantime check our Investors Guide to Miami Real Estate 2014

Or check our neighborhood blogs on Coral Gables

Kind Regards

David Siddons
305 508 0899
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 5, 2014
aftervince1973 answered:
Get a flexible credit loan. This program assists homeowners who have recently been through a foreclosure, short sale or have recently emerged from bankruptcy.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Yanoska Diaz answered:
You have received great responses from both Lila and Ann, however, if I was a home buyer or a renter and was conducting a search for relevant reasons, I would place the search on the hands of an expert; conducting the search on your own may be confusing even misleading if you are not familiar with certain terms in regards to the foreclosure process. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 7, 2013
Tim Cigal answered:
I usually give gift cards, still searching for the right idea though as this is a great time to make an impression.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Thu Oct 3, 2013
It's always wise to hire a lawyer particularly for distressed sales/purchases
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Amy Chrisman-Williams answered:
The buyer gets to choose the title company...with that being said the agency/brokerage has to disclose the in house title company or joint venture with the title company to you. Many times the in house or joint venture title company will offer a lower price or cover part of the cost. Make sure you find out the pricing/offers so you can make the best decision - you want to work with a reputable title company.
Here is a great article on the closing process and title:
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice