Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

32217 : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Sat Aug 26, 2017
Ccleethomas49 answered:
I don't think it's fair but who am I to say I have a similar problem I need help with. My mom just sold her brother's house and it came out of the trust he left for us all to split. She had me and my sister come meet her in the Florida keys,and help get the house into a condition to be able to show to sell it was so deplorable it took almost over a week sometimes we worked 14 hrs in a days time she had gotten a quote on how much a cleaning company would charge what they were going to charge would have been3000 so instead she convinced me to stop what I was doing,and I for a living clean houses and remodles, not only did my sister and I clean but she helped with fixing the aircondishining and I painted the front door and all the storm shutters and had to nutraluze the entire home because from human feeces cigerett smoke, the lawyer told her that we should get paid fair market value she refused to do as the lawyer told her and we both got 500and was supposed to get reinburst for traveling expenses like the lawyer told her to do also she did nothing what should I do ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 21, 2013
J.D. "Dan" & Carol Weisenburger answered:
1. Pay all of your rent. DO NOT place it with the clerk of courts. That will muddy the waters

2. Complete your Lease

3. Move out and leave the property PERFECT

4. Do a final inspection with the landlord.

5. Demand your deposit back. He is required by State Law to have your deposit in
an escrow account and not be co-mingled with his own funds. Demand to know the Name of the Bank where the funds are held, it is still YOUR money and he is required to tell you. If he fails this the contact the Florida Real Estate Commission. They take a dim view of Landlords messing with tenants money. It does NOT MATTER if he is a real estate agent/broker or not.

As far as those people coming around and bothering you, they are the property preservation people hired by a 3rd party called the Asset Manager and the AM is hired by the bank. The next time these property preservation people come around get their identification, they are required to show it to you. If they don't, call the law. As long as you are paying your rent you have a right to Quiet Enjoyment of the property and they are violating that right. Too bad your Owner is a Schmuck
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 14, 2011
Annette Lawrence answered:
Your question is a real testament to placement ads on google.
My training was through Bob Hogue. I preferred a classroom setting. Based on your learning preferences, online training could be all that is needed. ReMax has an incredible on-line training library that I find very beneficial, so I would be the last to be critical of remote learning.

As you progress towards passing THE test, you will need to consider how you will choose a brokerage with which to work. It is not too early to identify what our priorities are and what you will expect/need from a broker. Look at some of my previous comments for a few suggestion related to this topic.

Now, don't hesitate to engage some of the real estate professionals you encounter with 'how to start' questions.

It's an exciting time to be in real estate!

Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 27, 2011
Aside from the process mentioned, you also need to state on what you plan to do with the property, will you actually live in it or is this just a vacation home? Or what you plan to do with it if you are out of the country. It will also be necessary for you to prepare your visa and other documentation. This is to show how long you will stay in the country or how many times you are expected to come back to your Florida property. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Jensine Henderson answered:
You would need to get someone that rents month to month or has a corporate home.

Some apartments may rent month to month or rent for 7 months with a clause you can get out of the lease early.

Jensine Henderson, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty Inc
"Because you need someone who knows the WORLD of real estate"
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice