Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

32003 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 22
Thu Jan 26, 2017
Alysse Musgrave answered:
When you want to buy a home, hire an Exclusive Buyer's Agent to represent you, not a regular buyer's agent. EBAs represent homebuyers only, so there is no conflict of interest to jeopardize your negotiating position. Contact for a referral to an EBA who will give you valuable advice, not a sales pitch.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2016
Hberberi asked:
I am in process of closing and need a home inspection. Should i contact the county's property inspection division or go with a private company.Property is located in clay county florids
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 20, 2016
Sunjen1 asked:
My house was foreclosed because of a claim of homeowners association for unpaid fees. The house has a bank mortgage. The county then sold it to the best bidder. A company bought it. 2 years…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 12, 2016
Christine answered:
Who is responsible for paying the capacity and admin fees on the utility bill. Homeowner or tenant?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 13, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Not very often. Your #1 source of info should be your Realtor who has access to your local MLS. That has the most updated info on sold homes.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 3, 2014
Mark Hite Jr answered:
If you are looking in Central Florida please contact me at 321-948-7680 and I would be happy to help. As the other Agents have stated the first item of business is to obtain a pre approval from a lender. If you would like to contact a local lender in Central Florida I would recommend Jason Gonzlaez, you can find his contact information at the following web address:
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 2, 2014
Rob Bachtold answered:
Gregory there are some but they go fast call me at 904-460-8270 so I can look into what you are looking for in a home. Thanks!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 15, 2014
June Dornsife answered:
Hello to you too! I'd be happy to assist you in finding your temporary home before you purchase next year. That is exactly what I did when I moved to Fleming Island 8 years ago. I can send you a current list of what is available and we can start an active search in preparation. Will schools be of concern for you? What features are you looking for in a home? Let's talk!
Feel free to give a call at 904-327-6339. June
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Joseph Tarver answered:
Hi Andres,
I am a Military friendly real estate professional with Watson Realty Corp. I assist families searching in Fleming Island and Orange Park. Contact me before starting your HH leave to get started. Your hunt should be short, so you can enjoy sightseeing with family.

Joseph Tarver, Realtor
United States Navy Retired
Watson Realty Corp
Oakleaf Office
Jacksonville, Florida 32222
Text: (904) 571-3041
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Joseph Tarver answered:
Hi Lisa,
I am local and provide complete real estate services to families in Fleming Island and Orang Park. Watson Realty has offices in both locations. It would be exciting to show you each area. Also, if other areas become of interest to you, I am dedicated to your seach. View my web page for current listed homes and to get started with your search. Email I am ready to assist and hope to help you soon.
Joseph Tarver II, USN, Retired
Watson Realty Corp
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Angela Huggins answered:
I live in one of the gated communities in zipcode 32003, Fleming Island. There are a few, but not many. Pace Island offers a 24 hour guard at the gate. Other ones, as mentioned before, offer gates that close after 5. I feel like it slows people down and keeps the children a little safer while riding bikes, etc... ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Blaine Rabe answered:
Good Day,

Sounds like you have property management problems. A rented home should break even, after maintenance costs, taxes and insurance.

I have 11 rented properties and they are all cash cows. More money comes in than goes out. Tough to do on Fleming Island properties.

So your question is easy. If you are making money or the rental, then rent it. If you are breaking even or loosing money then sell it. If you are attached to the property and don't want to sell, don't sell. Property values are where they are and where they will be for another 3 years.

You talk about costly maintenance. That only should happen to protect your homes value, for you. This is like a new roof.

Blaine Rabe
Remax Specialists.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Charles Chorman answered:
Have to echo the response from Danielle. Mortgages are even difficult with 720 scores. Would recommend that you pull your respective credit reports and make sure what is on them is accurate. Once you clean up your reports then start working on improving the scores. Right now the best avenue possibly to investigate once the scores come up is FHA as they won't look so harshly on the short sale.

Keep focused on your dream and don't lose hope.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Blaine Rabe answered:

Our prices were higher but are bath to 2001 now. A lot to talk about so call anytime.

Blaine Rabe
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Ave Rosa answered:
A-1 zone would like to find a home 3 to 4 bedrooms with 2 baths and an in-law-suite and 1+ acres in Clay county, st johns or duval in florida. Thank you. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Michelle Gonzalez answered:
Hi Scott,
I have closed several short sales through the Equator system. It actually is an improvement from waiting on hold in the past. Here is a link that can help walk you through the process. Hope this helps.

By the way, if you have any clients moving to CA (Los Angeles, Orange County) areas don't hesitate to call

Michelle Gonzalez
Realty Executives Select
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 25, 2010
Blaine Rabe answered:

You are letting all the details cloud the deal. The old forrest vs. the tree.

If you want to make an offer before the auction, go do it. If it don't work, heh, the auction is coming.

If the property goes to auction, attend and bid what you think it is worth. This is capitalism at its best. Value is what is in the eye of the beholder.

Blaine Rabe
REMAX Specialists

Personally, I buy all my properties off the MLS. I like the support of a legal contract vs the it is what it is of an auction.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 7, 2009
thelendingteam answered:
Aliciap, Probably the best way to find out is to use the USDA website. teh lonk is listed below

You can put in zip codes and it will give you a map. You can then move the map around and zoom in and out to find areas and specific properties.

We are experts with the USDA 502 program and would like to help.

Please give me a call if you have any questions,

Andrew Kashella
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Bill Ayotte answered:
Kathy, I would recommend Fleming Island, or Eagle Harbor. They are both in the zip code and offer what you are looking for. If you would like more information or assistance please contact me at or call (904) 637-0906. Thank You, Bill. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice