Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

30736 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Sun Mar 20, 2016
Marlyncudd12 asked:
Sun Nov 16, 2014
Peach769602 asked:
Thu Sep 11, 2014
Susan Mellor answered:
In April of 2011 there was a deadly tornado that came through south of Chattanooga. Downtown Ringgold was devastated, coming east, up Cherokee Valley, many homes were destroyed and lives were lost. Sad time, lots of loss, including old hardwoods. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 11, 2014
Maddieerinn asked:
Home Buyer in Ringgold, GA
How much is it to build a 2 bedroom house with a bonus room in 30736 on own land?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Terry Davis answered:
Get your own independent appraisal, seperate from the bank;s, and make your offer confingent upon the sale price meeting or exceeding your appraisal. The banks appraisal could come in $50k (or so) lower than the sell price and they could still approve you for the loan - which would mean you would have to make up the difference. If your independent appraisal contingency comes in at $50k lower, you can walk away -- OR get the owner to lower their price ro save the deal. At the very least, put in a clause that the bank's appraisal MUST meet or exceed the sell price or you have the position to 1) takenit anyway, 2) walk away, 3) negotiate the price again to the apraised price. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 21, 2011
Cassandra Dennis answered:
As apart of the Short Sale process you have an opportunity to state your case through a Hardship Letter, explaining your current situation and why you are unable to afford to continue the payments on your home and ask to be forgiven for the balance remaining if a short sale offer is accepted by the bank (make sure this verbiage is in the Special Stips of the offer, in Georgia we have a Short Sale Exhibit, which covers this verbiage). Since you and your wife have filed bankruptcy, speak with your bankruptcy attorney regarding your situation, he or she should be able to provide insight as to how you are protected under the bankruptcy laws in your state. Also, go to, they have information on their website about Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act of 2007, which President Obama signed off on; but do your due diligence in researching this and asking your bankruptcy attorney and a tax professional questions. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice