Jim and others who are considering discount brokers to list your home,
The marketplace is large and discount brokers are the right answer for some sellers. Unfortunately, it is usually the wrong set of sellers who get hooked up with discount brokers. The following sellers need all the expertise they can get from an experienced full service real estate brokerage
1. Sellers who have financially distressed properties
2. Sellers who face foreclosure
3. Sellers who need to move quickly
4. Sellers who have homes that need some fix up work
5. Sellers who need to maximize the net dollars they receive from the sell of their home,.
6. Sellers who have full time jobs or otherwise are not available to show their home during week days,
7. Sellers soncerned about the security risks of showing their home to strangers.
8. Sellers who are not good negotiators.
Okay, turn about is fair play. Who should consider listing with a discount broker
1. Jim.....sounds like you have the experience necessaey to treat this as a business transaction
2. Others who have time available to market and show the home
3. Sellers with a year or more before they have to move,.
4. Sellers with a lot of equity and who do not need the proceeds of the sale for their next home purchase.