Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

28906 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 17
Sun Jul 10, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
If it is your land ... you can remove obstacles of your choosing to allow removal of the mobile home. Since it is your land, you are required to maintain unobstructed access for the tenant.

If the current tenant leaves owing you money .... you will have to sue that tenant. How do you expect to force someone new to make good on a bad debt they had no part of?

If the lender foreclosed on the trailer ..... they usually haul it off immediately. If they ask you to keep it in place for resale ... they should have a rental agreement in place with you.

You can't charge them for any time it is caught up in the courts ... as that is against the guy the foreclosed on.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 10, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
If they are legal occupants .... they are entitled to peaceful enjoyment of the property.

If they are tenants, their lease with the current owners should allow for showings/inspections with advance notice. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 22, 2015
Bluebutterflysoars answered:
Thank you. That's a passionate and convincing reply. It must be bad statistics info in wikipedia- which of course can often be wrong. I will report it to wikipedia, and find out more info on Murphy. :) ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 18, 2015
Dex Hubbard Sr. answered:
Hey Robin,
this may be too late, but if you have gone through with the sale and need it replaced I can suggest reputable contractors. Let me know if I can assist you.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 14, 2014
Scott Cox answered:
We don't collect any funds up-front and in fact pay for much of your Closing Costs with our Purchase Power Program!!

Contact me to save money on your closing costs!

Purchase Power - Mortgage Package
Put more of your money into your house and less into your closing.

Save on fees. For example:
No Underwriting Fee
No Appraisal Fee
No Document Prep Fee
No Credit Report Fee
No Fee for Lender Title Policy
No Recording Fee
No Settlement or Closing Fee
No Flood Certification Fee

And More
Competitive Rates
Close On Time Pledge

cell: 919-219-2252
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
My NC Homes Team answered:
Not sure exactly what you're asking, but it sounds as if you've made an offer and the Seller (Freddie Mac) has countered and given you a date to accept their offer.

You really should be working with an experienced buyer broker. You may not know it but buying foreclosures is extremely risky, their hardly ever the deal a buyer thinks they are. I've attached a link below to an article I wrote specifically about foreclosures. I have helped many dozens of buyers purchase foreclosure properties over the years, however despite my buying, selling, flipping homes for over thirty years. I have never bought a foreclosure for myself and I'm in the business.

Get yourself some help before you find yourself in over your head.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Joseph Miceli answered:
Maybe... You'll need to ask owner or agent to find out the term of the exisiting lease. It's a good place to start if you have a particular home in mind and are a " ready, willing, and able" purchaser.

Many time there is written into a lease agreement certain conditions which apply to a "sale" situation which allows the owner to give a 2 month notice to vacate if the home is sold.

Once again, you'll need to ask, but be serious about it before approaching an owner or agent.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Robert (Bob) Crisp answered:
I have a 3/2 for lease but it is 750 per month it is located in Andrews about 5 miles from town might has large yard and 2 out buildings
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Bill & Cyndi Daves answered:
Maureen - We represent quite a few banks as the listing agent for their non-performing assets. Of course, I'm not an attorney and, unlike Tim, I don't even play one on TV, I will say the answer isn't cut and dried. Depending on certain situations the bank could potentially be liable for HOA fees unpaid by the developer prior to the foreclosure; however, that is highly unlikely. Most do pay the HOA fees but only from the date of the foreclosure forward. They are treated just like any other owner in the development. The good news is that the HOA has been turned over to the property owners. This will remove the issue of expecting the bank to be in charge of maintaining the funds and keeping things up. Needless to say if serious issues arise, consult a real estate attorney who is familiar with your area.

Depending on your own resources you will probably find this is an excellent time to invest in a lot or two and build your personal portfolio. It may take a few years before we climb out of the current market condition but we will. The market will bounce back and be stronger and those that can afford to purchase now and hold for a while will be glad they did!

If there's any way we can help, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Bill and Cyndi Daves
Coldwell Banker High Country Realty
Call 866-394-2384 and ask for TeamDAVES!!

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2012
Karen Pope answered:
You can get the tax record for any property or home in Cherokee County NC from the Cherokee County Office web site. On the Chrokee County web site there is a label for online options, you will see a drop down box with one option labeled tax net. When you click on tax net, you can enter either a property address, or owner name, and get the tax record for any property in the County. Go to http:// ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 19, 2011
Jottie Queen asked:
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Bill & Cyndi Daves answered:
Based on the current assessed value of $161,210 the county taxes would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $500. However, the county is in the process of doing an across the board reassessment which will change both the assessed value and the millage rate charged by the county for taxes. Given that the county is "revenue neutral' overall it should change the taxes that much and $500 would be a fair estimate. The property is on a shared well in a private development. The annual fees are $280 for road and water. There is no municipal garbage collection outside of downtown. However, you can contract with Appalachian Waste Systems and, for $15/month, they will come pick your household garbage up once per week. Otherwise you take it to the recycle center for free.

There are currently 6 other homes for sale in Tanglewood. Here's a link to view them. (you may have to cut and paste it into your browser)

Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you -
Bill and Cyndi Daves/Coldwell Banker high Country Realty
828-361-9783 or 828-361-9419
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 4, 2011
Sherry McGregor answered:
Michelle, there may be several properties available to you through the MLS system. Grape Creek is a very pretty area.. I have several contacts in that area. If you would like for me to do some research and searching for you, please give me a call at 828-837-0424 or 828-735-3041.
Good luck....Sherry
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 24, 2010
Jb asked:
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Lisa Pursel answered:
Yes! I have a petfriendly cabin available for that time.....
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice