Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in 27616 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 1
Sat Jun 18, 2011
Ediddy21 answered:

Once your homeowners insurance submits payment to you for a claim made against the policy, they have the right to subrogate against the insurance company that represents the HOA if they feel and the evidence indicates that the HOA policy should have covered the loss because of neglect on there part. Once your insurance company request subrogation from the HOA's insurance carrier, they should include your deductible as part of the loss. If and when they have collected all of there money back, your insurance company will reimburse your deductible to you. Speak with the claims adjuster in charge of your claim with your insurance company in regards to this. If you feel they are giving you the runaround, read your policy under subrogation for exact terms and conditions. Remember that your insurance company MUST comply with what is stated on the policy. Best of Luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice