Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Property Q&A in 22201 : Real Estate Advice

  • All67
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying41
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Sat Jul 12, 2014
BobbiLynn Peters asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Chris Fraser answered:
You can add your wife to the deed. You can call any title company and they could add her to the deed for a small fee. She will not be added to mortgage
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Francis (gene) Othic answered:
Have a "DEED OF GIFT" from you, to you and whomever, prepared by an atty and then record where the current deed is on record.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Alexandra Jadali answered:
Thu Dec 23, 2010
df answered:
You do not need a real estate lawyer, you need a lawyer specializing in elder care with a knowledge of real estate issues related to Medicaid. If you need good recommendations for elder care lawyers, start with Arlington County Social Services and ask for a social worker who works with geriatrics (703-228-3000). Best wishes with this very difficult issue. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Andy Krumholz answered:
Refinancing is the only way to get your girlfriend off the loan, but another question is whether she is on the title. If she is not on the title, then she would have no ownership share when you eventually sold the property, unless you had some other agreement.

Good luck,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice