Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

22032 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Thu Jan 19, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you interview a couple agents and ask for referrals from past clients.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 6, 2016
Maricris A answered:

If you would like to post a rental on Trulia, you will be redirected to use our partner site, Zillow Rental Manager, to list your rental on Zillow, Trulia and other top sites. Please follow this link for instructions on how to post a rental listing:

If you have additional questions or have issues with posting your listing, please reply back to this email and I will be happy to help you.

Zillow Rental Manger Help:


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 4, 2016
Frank Purchiaroni asked:
I have listed this room on craigslist, but cancelled the listing weeks ago. I have no idea how it showed up on trulia.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 6, 2010
John Fitzgerald answered:
I agree with Eric, Ron, and Cindy, but, again, as others have pointed out, this depends on your contract. I am not clear in my own mind what sort of contract or contracts you had with this agent. You pose your question as a "home buyer in 22032", yet your question implies that you are a home seller. Are you both? Did you have two different contracts, one to buy a home and one to sell your current home, with the same agent/broker? Did you have one contract to do both? In that latter case, this is a non-standard contract, and you need to both seek out your agent' managing broker and, if I were in your shoes, seek an attorney immediately.

In any case, if the agent is not also the managing broker of the office from which he works ( you can contact the Virginia Real Estate Board to find out if this is the case ), then you need to go to the managing broker of the agent's office first. If the situation in which you find yourself is not resolved to your satisfaction, then, I would Google search Martindale-Hubble and seek an attorney on their Web site with a real estate specialty in your area who is highly recommended by peers. Before engaging that attorney, I would ask the attorney whether or not he has any conflicts of interest with the agent, his firm, and brokers thereof.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 28, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi Buyer. Don't be distressed. From what you wrote, I understand that you are now after inspection and waiting to close (hope I'm right). If you have a bona-fide, signed contract, you need to contact your attorney immediately and have him send a letter to the sellers advising them of your closing date, terms, conditions, etc. Under no circumstances should you be trying to do this deal without an attorney, preferably one that does real estate.

The letter will get their attention, and if not, a second one will. If they attempt to breach the contract at this point, there's a whole list of remedies for you to consider. Just ask your attorney.

GOOD LUCK and let us know how this one turns out!!

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Gerda Gaetjen answered:
My home purchased in 2000 has appreciated more than my investment portfolio
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 29, 2009
The Mulhern Home Team answered:
This is why you have a title company process the settlement. Make sure that you have selected your own title company and not the one that the seller has requested. Under state law, they can not force you to choose a title company.
Think of the home as collateral, and that is what the lien is being attached to. If the home is being disposed of in a bankruptcy, then the lien can no longer be placed on the home since it is separated from the owner in a bankruptcy. A good settlement attorney will be able to protect you on the purchase, and although people feel it is a scam, title insurance is a must in this situation. I can assure you that you feel it is a scam until you need it...just like all insurance! If the seller can not provide a clear title on the property, then there are few lenders who will allow for a loan to be placed on it.

Just make sure you have a good settlement group.

Jimmy Mulhern
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 7, 2009
Mary Margaret Gates answered:
Most title companies here in Northern Virginia have attorneys who work with them or are there on staff. You can call your settlement company for starters. If you want a second opinion, you can call another settlement company and ask to speak to the attorney.

Good luck.

Mary Margaret Gates
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice