Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

21207 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 20
Fri Oct 28, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
This is a legal question. I am not an attorney and therefore can only give my opinion which is not legal advice...

I don't know how things work in VA, but here in AZ if your fully executed contract included the repair by addendum, it would have been fully enforceable against the Seller.

Generally inspection fees are not refundable. An exception to this general rule "may" be breach of contract. Consult an attorney to determine if this can be proven with your particular contract given its specific terms and conditions.

Another consideration "may" be an action through small claims court. Research the rules for suit and type of cases heard in your jurisdiction.

Again, a legal matter deserves legal advice - from an attorney.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 13, 2016
Letisha Butler answered:
I am looking to rent a 3 bdr home for me and my two children and we have a small dog as well. I am a state of maryland employee for 9 years with an income of 51k and I have outside child support income of 13k a year as well. My credit is not good due to mostly my school loans but I am willing to pay a higher deposit as I need to move by july/august. I currently live with my dad under his lease.

Please if you could assist in any way it would be greatly appreciated. It is really hard to find private owners who are willing to rent.

Thank you,

Letisha Butler
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Great question and we don't know. You can ask, they can say no. You can sue, you might win or they might. Did you receive a seller's disclosure? Did you have it inspected? Did you check with neighbors about the area before buying? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 21, 2015
Kate Barnhart answered:
I would suggest posting to the Johns Hopkins housing site. Be careful renting rooms- as you may be aware, sharing space with strangers may bring good or bad results. Theft and identity theft are two things to seriously think about preventing. Make sure to do a background check and credit check. Once they move in, should things go bad, you must follow the laws to evict. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 2, 2014
Tiffany West answered:
HI im looking for a 2bd 2bath with finish basement .....or 3bd 2bath with finish base ment in the 21207 city area or the 21215 area thanks
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 3, 2014
Dwayne Wilkins answered:
I can help you buy a house. I have a proven plan of act which has worked almost everytime with my clients. I can be an agent for you and work for you to acquire property based on your circumstances. Just find me on trulia and email me and i'll be right on it. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 22, 2013
Brian Nguyen answered:
There are lenders like myself that are able to do no income verification loans, or stated income loans. These types of loans usually have high down payment requirements and may require a higher credit score than that. I recommend that you speak with a lender like myself to see if your finances are strong enough to put you through a loan like this. So if you have any further questions or if you would like a loan feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 29, 2013
Derek J Compton answered:
Tue May 7, 2013
KRYS HOUSLEY answered:
Not only do I live in Gwynn Oak, but I'm also on the board of the Franklintown Community Association. We are looking for new businesses to bring to 21207. Give me a call 4437995797
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Miekeba Jones answered:
Hi Brian, I hope you find your agent. If not contact me,
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Miekeba Jones answered:
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Kiya Rich answered:
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Erikaj answered:
I want to buy a home so bad, but I have to work on my credit. There are alot of buyers out there, but some have credit issues that they need to work on.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 29, 2012
Bill Hays answered:
Many agent's websites in your area should have a place to sign up for such a list or you can get a free 3-day trial on to generate your own list and decide from there if you want to sign up.

Good luck!

CA DRE 01775528
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 19, 2012
Raimundas Valacka answered:
To receive a FREE list of bank foreclosures and other distress sale properties please click on the following links. If you are a first time home buyer please go to otherwise please go to Good luck! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 28, 2011
June Piper-Brandon, MRP answered:
I would be happy to assist you in the sale of your property in Gwynn Oak. I have worked with many investors and understand how important realistic pricing is. I just sold a newly renovated home in 21207 a few weeks ago. Recently, I had several of my listings go under contract. There are many cycles in the buying market and a well priced home going on the market right now could sell well.
I have been in the real estate industry for over 25 years in a variety of capacities. I have received many sales awards for top sales agent. Century 21 is one of the largest companies in the world and is part of the largest relocation network and as such has exceptional marketing abilities and the ability to get homes sold.
June Piper-Brandon
Associate Broker
Century 21 Associates
410-292-0100 (Direct)
410-730-8888 (office)
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 28, 2011
Candice Titus answered:
Yes. You can get a Home Equity line of credit or get it financed as a 203k rehab loan. With 203k's you can refinance/finance your home to make improvements. I can get you intouch with some lenders. I have another client doing the same thing.

Candice Titus
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 21, 2011
Michael Carnahan answered:

This area includes some great communities like Woodlawn, Gwynn Oak, Lochearn, and many more. You can do a quick Google search for 21207 and you'll get lots of information. If you have a specific question, please feel free to let me know. Since I lived in Woodlawn for a while I know a bit about the area.

Thanks, and best wishes!

Mike Carnahan
Advance Realty Direct, Inc.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 18, 2010

Yes the agents have it correct. There are all sorts of grants and special loans, it just depends on which county or City you wish to live in. There are MD state programs also. Some times what you do for a living qualifies you for additional funds. There is a little more paperwork and some strings attached such as how long you need to live in the home but it can save you quite a bit of money upfront. The $7,500 is the FHLB grant program and it's great. The buyers that do it love it and it's not too tough on you. These programs do run out of money though so it's wise to check in now with a lender and begin the process so you don't get stuck at the last minute with no money for you. Let me know if you have any questions.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 7, 2008
Mike Benton answered:
Hello, The first step to improving your situation is to understand you made a mistake. I would recommend that you have the money saved up to put down the largest amount per tMaryland Law. You should also have a letter prepared to give with your aplication that explains your situation. Most apartment complexes have standard guidelines for renting, I would speak with the lanlord before filling out the paper work and explain your situation. I'm sure if you do what you need to do everything will turn out fine.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice