Yes it is possible but there are many details you need to share.
1. How long ago did the foreclosure proceedings start?
2. Did you end up having a loan modification?
3. Are you done with the modification period?
4. Are you currently up to date with the lender?
5. How are your credit scores and are you showing any late pays in the last 12 months?
I am actually closing a loan for a client next week that was in a very similar situation. The client was able to document everything and we were able to approve the loan.
If you care to share more details off-line so we can determine if we can help you please contact me at your convenience. Thank you.
Elliott R. Oliva