Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

19525 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Thu Dec 8, 2016
Jsotingco asked:
Mon Apr 20, 2015
Gary Swank answered:
Contact the local municipality and ask to see the FEMA floodmaps.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Anita Ricci answered:
Our family is very proud of our schools. Our children have excelled in many of the programs that the district offers including academics, music, and sports. Of course you should check the local schools to ensure they have the programs you feel are important to your children. But we have found that the district has offered our children everything they have needed to excel, including college prep courses, assistance with obtaining athletic scholarships and many community service opportunities. Our children also have many friends who are also committed to their education and athletics as well.

Besides their ratings, I think Gilbertsville is a wonderful place to live! There is very home town feel with lots of community events and "town friendly" people. We moved to Gilbertsville into a newer home from Lower Bucks County several years ago. We chose this area because of value, conveniences to shopping while still maintaining a country feel, and VERY low taxes. What we received from our community has been so much more!


If you would like help finding a home in the area I would be more than happy to assist you and your family!

Anita Ricci
CENTURY 21 Alliance
Office: 610-666-0202
Cell:267-608-6391

(My Trulia profile sometimes comes up as Danielsville, Pa--however I am a Gilbertsville, Pa resident!)
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 24, 2013
answered:
Hello smp,

The agreement of sale has a mortgage contingency and if the terms of the mortgage cannot be met you have the option to back out of the deal and recoup your deposit.

However you may still be able to buy the rate down to 8.25% and meet the requirements

Regards,
Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010 & 2012
NMLS ID 143960
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 11, 2009
Jennifer Daywalt answered:
Thank you Jeff, I really appreciate that!

Jennifer Daywalt, Realtor
Re/Max Results Realty - Collegeville
Top Agent 2004 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Author of "Ask The Realtor" Column in The Saturday Edition of The Phoenix Newspaper
Licensed since 2001 in PA
610-489-7355 Main Office
610-999-7693 Direct Line
Sellinghomesjenn@aol.com
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 10, 2009
Renee Porsia answered:
Victoria,

I am assuming that you already have a Realtor. If you have signed off on an Agreement of Sale and the buyer has a commitment and there are conditions on it, then the buyer can't obtain a mortgage until all of those conditions are removed by the bank. The buyer needs to provide the bank with whatever proof they require in order to remove those conditions.

A commitment doesn't mean anything until all of those conditions are removed.

Did your Realtor put into your listing on the MLS that your home was being sold in "as is" condition?

The buyers are right in saying that they do have a contract with you but there are dates contained within that contract and if those dates have passed, you may be able to end it.

For instance, did they have a home inspection? If so, they only have a few days to make a decision as to whether they want to continue on with the purchase. They should have given your Realtor a report and an Addendum telling you what issues they want fixed/repaired or receive a credit for. Then you have a certain amount of time to reply and then it goes back to the buyer for a final decision. Has that time passed? Did you reply back saying you weren't doing anything?

Talk with your Realtor and ask her about the Agreement of Sale. He/she should have explained all of this with you prior to you signing the Agreement of Sale.

If your Realtor tells you that the buyer is in default because they didn't comply with a date contained within the Agreement of Sale, then you should be able to release the buyer.

Did the buyer's give you the mortgage commitment by the date contained within the Agreement of Sale? If they didn't, you can get out of the AOS.

Sit with your Realtor or talk with the Realtor's Broker.

I am sorry that you are having these issues. It must be stressful.

Remember, you can always consult with an attorney.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask for Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com PHILADELPHIA'S NUMBER ONE SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS REAL ESTATE
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2009
Fran and Mark Redding answered:
Lexo

As you have already heard it is a little late to secure representation but better late than never. Get an attorney, have him review your contract and bring him to settlement.
When buying new construction remember that the builder is not your friend. His construction contract protects him. A competent buyers agent or attorney can make a big difference.
GET THE ATTORNEY.

Fran and Mark Redding
Prudential Fox Roach
1010 Stony Hill Road
215-504-7500
215-321-3307 DIRECT
www.FranandMark.com
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 7, 2009
Terrence Charest answered:
Not working with a real estate agent, are you. Sometimes they will ask for things which have already been done. Call them directly to get it rectified.

Terrence Charest
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Ron Woytowich answered:
Kwadwo:
A few lenders actually give what I would refer to a as a "conditional" committment. I have seen this mostly with Relocation clients. The conditional part is based upon finding a home that appraises for one, that the taxes and other monthly costs stay within your allowed ratios for the loan, that the lender program you are using is still available, and that your credit/financial situation maintains itself at the state or a better state of when youy applied. Deal with a direct lender if you can, from my experience they tend to know what programs are changing as they change, or even before to alert you to all options as the become available or change. Also be sure to get a good faith estimate from any lender, and ask if there are any additional lender fees that might come into play. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 13, 2009
Susan Meyers answered:
Hi Kwadwo,

Not knowing any more than you what you have said here, I would say you have at least two options to protect yourself. One is to pay to lock-in your 5% rate with the lender and the other is to change the agreement's mortgage contingency cap rate BEFORE you sign it. Doing both may be the best answer, but without more information, it is hard to say.

One final point: If you are not willing or able to use a Realtor's services for this purchase, then you should definitely have an attorney look over the agreement before you sign it. Protect yourself!

Good luck,

Susan Meyers
Weichert Realtors
215-646-1700 x121
215-692-3518
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Search

Followers

125