Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 19403 : Real Estate Advice

  • All52
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying31
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Thu Jun 19, 2014
Jacob Johnson answered:
I've been living at Middleton Place for over 7 years. The value of Middleton Place condos have dropped between $35,000 - $50,000 since 2008. My home has dropped $57,000 in value because I purchased it right before the housing bubble burst. Worse yet, the property values continue to drop by the month. The crime rate at Middleton Place has drastically increased in the past 2 years. Cops are constantly at the property arresting someone. It is scary just to leave your home at night. Neighbors are extremely loud. There are teenagers who play loud music in the parking lot at 3am.

I wish I could move out of here, but cannot since I'm $57,000 underwater. I regret ever moving here. The condo fees have recently increased to $412 a month. Yes, that's $412! Middleton Place does not have a pool, nor a park, nor a playground. We were also hit with a special assessment of $777 in addition to our monthly HOA fees. The management company ran out of money and couldn't cover snow removal. The best choice you can make is not to move to Middleton Place.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
R. Eric Axelson answered:
Krish, go with my colleague Andrew Himes' recommendation below. Trident is a reputable company. If Ruth Falcone has done them in the past, I would call her and tell her your goals. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Alan Openshaw answered:
Hello Terrance,

I work with lots of first time home buyers. Some are ready to go and some need a little credit advice. Either way I can help yu get there.

Alan Openshaw

Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Edmund Choi answered:
At settlement, you will execute the note for the loan, sign the deed, and exchange funds per the HUD-1 settlement sheet. Once you have confirmation from the lender, the ceremonial exchange of keys will occur. Any overages will also be disbursed at the table, provided that the purchase has been funded by your lender. Good hunting! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
You need to speak with a real estate attorney right away. If the owner took your money on a valid lease/option or rent to own contract, then stopped making mortgage payments, that may be considered fraud. There are so many questions that need to be answered in order to make sure you have a valid contract and also to determine what, exactly, the situation is regarding the home. Does the owner have equity in the home or are they 'under water' owing more than the home is worth sparking a short sale or foreclosure situation?. Were you represented by a real estate professional in this transaction? Are you still able to purchase the home and receive the promised credit toward the purchase price and/or down payment? Does the owner have other assets that could be used to compensate you for any losses? Is there insurance coverage that might compensate you in this situation?

A good lawyer will help you wade through the morass and determine how best to preserve your ownership rights in the property.

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 15, 2010
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Stacey - small claims court may or may not be an option down the road - it depends on the replacement cost of the "fabric/gazebo cover" and what the monetary limitations are in your state's small claims court.

You should find out what the cost might be - and even if it is feasible to get a replacement cover. If the gazebo is older, a replacement might not be readily available. That would open an entirely new set of issues.

As an aside, sometimes just a letter from an attorney is enough to make "the other side" respond.

Hopefully, the sellers will resopnd, and this will be worked out amicably.

Good luck!
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 23, 2009
John Badalamenti answered:
Hi Kpolonsky:

Great suggestions - below. I would also go a step further and suggest that you contact the Lower Providence Gun Club and inquire about the following:
- What are the hours the club is open for its members?
- Is there a particular time of day or night that its members use the club more so than others?
- What types are firearms are typically used?

This will at least give you a point of reference.

Best of luck to you!

John (John B.) Badalamenti, CRS, ABR, SRES
Associate Broker
Prudential Fox & Roach, Wayne, PA
Follow Me on Twitter:
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 1, 2009
Cheryl R. Supplee answered:
Hi Vicky, did you buy that home in Logford Crossing?

-Cheryl Supplee
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Donald Bradbury answered:
Hello Vivian: If you are asking how you get pre approved to purchase a home, then the answer is simple. Contact a Realtor. Please remember that when you are the buyer, in most cased, Realtor services are free. Your Realtor wil be able to connect you with a loan officer who can help you. This really is step one in the process of buying a home. And with low rates, high inventory, and low prices, this is a wonderful time to buy,.
Don Bradbury
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue May 13, 2008
Edward Carboy answered:
Yes, the Real Estate market has come down, but when looking at the history of Real Estate it's one of the best investments you can make. When buying a home, This area has a lot to offer: shopping, buisness, schools, parks etc. I have lived in Oaks, which is the same zip as Trooper, and moved 7 minutes further west into Collegeville and I am thrilled with the market. Any questions? ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice