Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 19403 : Real Estate Advice

  • All51
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying31
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 20
Thu Jan 12, 2017
Mhfairman59 answered:
There's a sale date on property I am the owner not the mortgage holder can I file bankruptcy
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 3, 2015
Karen Peyton answered:
Are you "certain" your name is on title or is this what you think?

The reason I ask, is because one of the functions of a divorce proceeding is to divide marital property. It makes no sense that your ex-husband would keep your name on the property if awarded to him, and the best time to clear such matters is in conjunction with the proceeding as opposed to some later date.

Hopefully your attorney tied all the loose strings, and to that end, consult them for the assurance you need and/or a "game plan" moving forward.

Best of luck to you!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 17, 2013
Ross Gerami answered:
Foreclosing on your timeshare is of no benefit to you and yes you will receive calls from the collection agencies because they want there money. Sorry but there is no quick fix here unless you can get some refinancing arranged.
Good Luck
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Amy Givoni answered:
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Ross Gerami answered:
I wouldn't give your seller $2000 you need legal help go to the state dept.
good luck,
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Ross Gerami answered:
I would contact your states attornney on this problem, be very careful who you work with.
Good luck,
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Curly Sue answered: answered this in 2011...too funny!
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Dannysomerville answered:
My name is Danny Somerville and me and my 11 yr old daughter are homeless due to fraud. Here is what happened my mother passed away she left me over $100 thousand dollars I found a mobile home in homeland Ca (its by hemet Ca) and it was red flaged so I got a great deal on it 21.000 dollars escrow told me that the preliminary escrow report showed it was clear so I asked if we could start cleaning up the place the owner and escrow said it was ok . I got the final escrow report from escrow and they said it was clear to send them the money so I wired them 20,000 dollars and went down and signed the deed paid in full they said I would have the deed in two weeks so we moved in and started repairs I invested 50,000 dollars in repairs and we move in I moved in everything owned two jeep 4x4s , my 1967 dodge p/u in mint cond. With 35.000 o.g. miles, two dune buggies, a boat, and everything my mother left me frig. Washer & dryer a whole home full plus all of our belongings them I get an e mail 15 days latter from escrow telling me that the title company made a huge error and that now there is a 100 thousand lean on the house and I cant buy it after they already sold it to me and sent the buyer my funds , I get arrested and go to jail, escrow refunds without my permission my money to a account and the money is stolen , then the owner who is also the owner of the real estate company that sold me his house tears the home down and throws away everything we own so now me and my daughter are homeless living in a homeless shelter please we need help thank you Danny Somerville ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 9, 2012
Pennhaven Realty answered:
Check to see if there was a court order entered allowing alternative service of the defendant -- If such an order was entered, the judge usually orders certified mailings to all known addresses of the defendant(s) as well as post the service of the foreclosure complaint and writ of execution (what actually lists the property for sheriff's sale) to the property. A judgment is often entered by default, and a notice of default judgment is mailed, but not served. If the defendant is married, however, serving his wife does constitute valid service.

Additionally, if you are still under lease the foreclosing institution must respect the remainder of your lease. They may be willing to offer you moving costs to leave the home early, as well.

Unfortunately, the bank's action does not seem fraudulent to me. However, any and all foreclosure filings should also have been mailed to "TENANT" at the property address if it was non-owner occupied. If you did not receive any notices of the foreclosure at the subject property, you may want to consult an attorney.

* Please note I am not an attorney and this response does not constitute legal advice, just my opinion based upon my experience. I worked for the largest foreclosure firm on the East Coast for several years before I became a Realtor.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 24, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro bono attorney; also check with the local Bar Association; if near a law school, contact any law professor for suggestions, etc.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 19, 2011
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Theoretically it's possible since tax liens are, generally, superior to all other liens. However, practically it is not likely unless there are no mortgages on the property. Most mortgage companies are going to pay the tax lien rather than allow the owner of the tax lien to foreclose and lose their entire investment. It does happen, I personally know of at least one instance where it DID happen, but it is extremely rare.

Tax liens can be a very good investment since interest rates are set by the local government and usually command a high rate of interest. However, the most likely outcone is the owner of the tax lien will be paid the lien and the interest due on it.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Ross Gerami answered:
Go to the circuit court in your county and file a Mechanics Lien on them.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 6, 2009
Romacarl answered:
My ex has an apt. He subblet his place while he left to study and I left too. The building director found that ilegal subblet. He asked me to come back. to this apt. We reach on worlds and emails for a new transaction on the apt.
Now he doesn't want to value his promise after 14 years living in this apt and give him more than $100,000 duiring this period.
Having an emails an checks as records, it makes me part owner of the apt?
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 4, 2009
David Witsen answered:
This is truly a Legal question and we as Realtors need to be VERY Careful we do not give Legal Advice. I am also an investor and have rental properties. I MUST disclose to you that I am NOT an Attorney.
Tenants have a ton of rights. you should get a copy of the Llandlord Tenant Act.
It is available on my website:
Go to and look on the left for "Investor Resources"
You can download a copy there .
It explains all your rights as well as other resources

If I can help you in any way, feel free to call or write.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 4, 2009
Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR answered:
Hi Marlen. You indicate a foreclosure in zip code area 19403. In that event, you may want to call the Montgomery Bar Association (an association to which many Montgomery County lawyers belong).

The Bar Association may have a list of lawyers willing to take cases on a reduced fee or pro bono (i.e., free) basis under certain situations. Hopefully you could find an attorney to assist you through this route. Their website is

Good luck to you!


Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR
"A Refreshingly Different Real Estate Experience"
CENTURY 21 Alliance
2828 Audubon Village Drive
Audubon PA 19403
O: 610.666.0202 x. 226
C: 610.324.5240 (preferred)
F: 610.666.1942

Wanna WIN $221K?
Visit EVERY DAY for YOUR chance to win. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 16, 2009
__________________ answered:
You really need to speaking with an attorney and your lender as soon as possible rather than hoping for answers here. Is your home on the market?
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice